Help! Appstore and Market not seeing Angry Birds Seasons Easter update!

ZeroRilix

Jan 22, 2011
Visit site
I used SWM to get the Amazon Appstore on my phone when it became available. A couple days after its release Seasons was made available for free and I used SWM to get it. Today they released the Easter update and the Appstore is not seeing the update. I look on the Market and it says I have Seasons installed and it is also not seeing the update. Anyone have any ideas how I can get either place to see the update? I'd really like to keep the ad-free version I got from the Appstore. Thanx everyone in advance.

pazzo02

Feb 16, 2011
Visit site
Since you have the amazon appstore version, the market won't see it as being upgradeable to their version. I just checked amazon and it looks like theirs is still on St. Patrick's, even though it shows a new date.

Silas0220

Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
I think you're screwed... The only way I know of currently to update an Amazon Appstore app is to uninstall the version you have and redownload the new version and install it the same way you did the first. This would mean both that you'd lose your progress, and you'd have to pay for it this time if it's now a paid app.

Come on AT&T, fix this bull****! We deserve to be treated like adults and be allowed to make our own mistakes! We don't need our hands held, thanks.

Reactions: ZeroRilix

mrro82

Mr. Ro.
Jan 19, 2011
Visit site
You probably already know this but if you root the problem goes away. You can install whatever you want. I know ATT needs to let us do what we want with our own phones but I doubt very seriously they will ever let up. So for now, root is the only way to make it work every time.

KCMike

Mar 30, 2011
Visit site
This really does annoy me about AT&T & their "controls" Grrrrr!!!

Anywho, I've not kept up on the rooting for the Inspire for the last few weeks. Does it still need the Gold Card?

Silas0220

Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
I get the feeling rooting this phone will always be beyond me. There are too many things I'm not familiar enough with. Not that I wouldn't be capable, but I'm as likely to break it as anything else. There are definitely things I'd like to have it rooted for (sideloading and battery life being two major one), but I don't see myself being capable. I should not have to "break" my phone and void my warranty to be able to put what I want on my phone. This is iPhone bull****, and not why I bought an Android.

ZeroRilix

Jan 22, 2011
Visit site
I think you're screwed... The only way I know of currently to update an Amazon Appstore app is to uninstall the version you have and redownload the new version and install it the same way you did the first. This would mean both that you'd lose your progress, and you'd have to pay for it this time if it's now a paid app.

Come on AT&T, fix this bull****! We deserve to be treated like adults and be allowed to make our own mistakes! We don't need our hands held, thanks.

Just as I thought, luckily I have an app called Unlock Angry Birds and it can backup and restore my progress. I agree that they need to fix this crap. Just saw today the Atrix is about to get it's update for HSUPA and we are chopped liver.

pazzo02

Feb 16, 2011
Visit site
Just saw today the Atrix is about to get it's update for HSUPA and we are chopped liver.

Where did you see that? And why does it make you believe the Inspire won't get it? AT&T received FCC approval to enable HSUPA for both phones, so there's no reason to believe that only the Atrix will get it. As OTA updates go, the timing will be spread out, and people are bound to think they're getting screwed (again).

ZeroRilix

Jan 22, 2011
Visit site
Where did you see that? And why does it make you believe the Inspire won't get it? AT&T received FCC approval to enable HSUPA for both phones, so there's no reason to believe that only the Atrix will get it. As OTA updates go, the timing will be spread out, and people are bound to think they're getting screwed (again).

http://pocketnow.com/android/atrix-4g-on-att-may-be-finally-getting-hsupa-update

What this tells me is that the Atrix will get it first and we will be dead last on it. Just like we weren't announced to be updated to Gingerbread in Q2, only the Desire HD was. I'm just sayin we are not as important to update as their other phones. That's why I prolly have to root earlier than I would have liked.

Last edited:

paulmike3

Jan 12, 2011
Visit site
For those wondering, Angry Birds has not updated the Amazon version of Seasons yet. Rovio admitted they didn't know the Amazon update process would take so long, so they messed it up.

Keep an eye on their Twitter, as they're saying it should be released to the Amazon App Store very soon (today I'm assuming).

ZeroRilix

Jan 22, 2011
Visit site
For those wondering, Angry Birds has not updated the Amazon version of Seasons yet. Rovio admitted they didn't know the Amazon update process would take so long, so they messed it up.

Keep an eye on their Twitter, as they're saying it should be released to the Amazon App Store very soon (today I'm assuming).

yeah just saw that this morning and at 12 cst the update was available. I had to use Unlock Angry Birds app to back up my.current progress on seasons and reinstall vnz15094.apk via SWM. Thanx everyone for your help on this.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech