Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Reinstall software Inspire

Hows it going everyone, obviously I'm a little new to this site. But I do have a question that has seemed to stump me and thats how i've found myself here.

I have a HTC Inspire 4G from at&t - I bought it about a week before it was released (lovely advantages of working for the company) and all has been good until this past Friday when I tried to delete some messages because my phone seemed to be running out of free space. anyway, when I was trying to delete the messages I would just keep getting a loading screen - the one where the screen dims and a little wheel comes up.... well that wheel wouldnt go away. after about 3 and a half hours I pulled the battery. I did a master reset where it wiped the phone and everything. and upon me putting my contacts back in from gmail it seemed to be fine.... ran like normal, no issues at all. Now its downloading all of the messages back. So I did it again. restored the phone, made a new htcsense account thinking that may have caused it.... but then - even with not putting my contacts in - it pulled all the messages back up for no apparent reason. I cant figure this out, and everything I've searched for doesnt come back with any results.

Basically what I'd like to know - is how to reinstall the software like new - just pull android 2.2 off a server thats specifically built for this and then put it on the phone. Because even if i was to give this phone to someone else it would constantly show my messages on it. (because you cant delete them unless you master reset the phone - and they come back either way)

This is by far the craziest experience i've ever had with any phone...

If anyone can help me with this it would be greatly appreciated, thanks in advance.

Global Posts
    332 Global Posts

Do you think it has something to do with your sim card and ATT account? I would presume that once your phone recognizes your sim card on your carrier it will download all the lost or stored information back to it. The only way you would be able to reinstall would be to root it but I'm not sure that would solve your problem. I also have not rooted so I could be wrong.

messages won't free up much memory on your phone, the best way to get free space is to clear cache's by rootiing and downloading cache mate

There is always a way to do a full restore .. search for this in google and download, this is the FULL release version of the software currently on your Inspire 4G (in other words, like you just picked it up from AT&T) ...

RUU_Ace_Cingular_US_1.80.502.3_Radio_12.39.60.19_26.06.04.06_M_release_166557_signed.exe

ROM
    Android Revolution HD 4G

Why not just return it and get a replacement?
    You would have to root your phone to be able to flash the stock ROM.

Quote Originally Posted by brownsreds View Post
    Why not just return it and get a replacement?
    You would have to root your phone to be able to flash the stock ROM.
    NO NO NO.. in order to return your phone to stock or flash back to stock .. with the RUU release software, your phone DOES NOT have to be rooted.

This is the same software ALL cell dealers, AT&T and repair centers use to return your phone back to stock.

ROM
    Android Revolution HD 4G

Gotcha.
    Found this thread on XDA, OP should look under miscellaneous: [GUIDE]Inspire 4G guide to rooting and flashing.(Updated 4-23 w/videos!) - xda-developers
  8. Thread Author  Thread Author    #8  

the problem ended up being any htc sense account - once I opted not to do any account it seemed to work fine. I havent had any issues at all since I restored without a sense account of any kind. And after talking with HTC about this they said its a known issue and they are working on fixing it.

Default Re: Reinstall software Inspire

can you make a guide on how to use it?