Response from HTC about the HSUPA update.....

badams1

Feb 7, 2011
Visit site
I sent HTC an email asking about the OTA update for the Inspire that is supposed to enable HSUPA. This was their response.

I understand that you have concerns regarding the update that is supposed to enable HSUPA on the HTC Inspire. The update to enable this feature has been approved by the FCC, however, we do not yet have an exact release date. The April deadline actually came about from a Facebook post from an AT&T employee but was not an official AT&T announcement.

To send a reply to this message or let me know I have successfully answered your question log in to our ContactUs site using your email address and your ticket number [deleted].

Sincerely,

Lydia

HTC

Last edited:

adammcgovern

Apr 20, 2011
Visit site
Curious that HTC is stating the April date came from a Facebook post by an AT&T employee, because cnet stated in March that they had "comfirmed with AT&T" that the update would come in April. So who's lying?

AT&T to enable HSUPA on Atrix 4G, Inspire 4G in April | Android Atlas - CNET Reviews

I can't imagine it would be cnet. From my experience they are pretty reliable and not only that but they have nothing to gain, or lose by reporting that. Just twiddling my thumbs

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Landers2