help not getting update. why

ren0vat0r

Apr 1, 2011
Visit site
I'm sorry, but that's just lame.

/still haven't gotten the update yet (obviously)

what's lamer? a company that admits to not being able to handle network stress to prevent your phone from getting bricked or your phone getting bricked because the download gets interrupted because your connection to the server dropped because everyone is trying to download it at the same time? it's give and take, dude.

patience is a virtue. i came from using a blackberry, so i have plenty of patience!

JoshuaExline

Jan 29, 2011
Visit site
what's lamer? a company that admits to not being able to handle network stress to prevent your phone from getting bricked or your phone getting bricked because the download gets interrupted because your connection to the server dropped because everyone is trying to download it at the same time? it's give and take, dude.

patience is a virtue. i came from using a blackberry, so i have plenty of patience!

It's early, so, my brain isn't firing on all cylinders yet. Hadn't thought of it that way, but yeah that makes sense.

Still sucks though.

dalvik

Mar 12, 2011
Visit site

well i beg you pardon but i dont actually think that interrupted download will lead to a bricked phone and here is why: the file gets downloaded somewhere on the phone and then after the download is completed it prompts you if you want to install it. after that no wifi or data connection needed. I have motorola atrix but it should work the same for all android phones. When i had my frist update i was in the city. So i had to find an AT&T hot spot (went to starbacks for that) and my download was interrupted a few times as i was moving around the town and resumed afterwords..... But i think you are still right about server overload since it will take time for ATT techs to restore them... thus slowing down the process anyway....

dressagerider

Mar 10, 2011
Visit site
Just received my update. I had full WiFi strength before starting. So far I feel like my phone is noticeably faster and I have better bars of service.

Simba501

Jul 21, 2010
Visit site
For everyone not able to get the update, if you go into your wireless settings and uncheck mobile network, then connect to wifi and do the wifi update check, it will probably appear. I was in the same boat.

Reactions: rgabrielson

tomc1944

Feb 25, 2011
Visit site
Still a "no go" here in Tampa Florida. Have tried all the work arounds but still get the " your phone is up to date"

nickmatteis

Feb 19, 2011
Visit site
It said no update, tried turning th mobile network off and connecting to wi-fi not it says, "install interrupted. Current software is up to date, you may check again in 24 hrs" -__-

Simba501

Jul 21, 2010
Visit site
It said no update, tried turning th mobile network off and connecting to wi-fi not it says, "install interrupted. Current software is up to date, you may check again in 24 hrs" -__-

You're using the wrong update method. Check with the HTC Wifi method (directly under the one you used)

SoCalDood

Nov 3, 2010
Visit site
I have two Inspires. I was able to update one, but not the other. Not sure what the deal is with that. I'll randomly keep trying to update the second phone.

SoCalDood

Nov 3, 2010
Visit site
Don't know if this is valid information, but I found this quote in another thread regarding same issue.

For anyone not getting update read this!!
Originally Posted by wthurstn

"I spoke with AT&T earlier. They said that they are only allowing 10,000 downloads per day. This is most likely the reason a lot of us aren't able to receive the update at the moment."

rocketry876

Apr 19, 2011
Visit site
I had this same problem. Checked in the morning today and there it was. I think I maybe notice its a little faster, but its not like night and day.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance