Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Headphones

when i put headphones into my phone to listen to music or the FM radio, they cause songs played in the music player to skip around, ill hear maybe 25 seconds of a full song but each of those seconds are random points...
    then with the radio, it wont stay on a station that i pick, it continues to go into scan mode.
    THEN it will bring up voice control without me knowing and will make calls to random numbers -____-
    tried restarting... why does this happen

that sounds like a hardware problem. i would do a factory reset and if that dosent fix it return it if your in the 30 period
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

does factory reset remove all my customizations and personal data?

Quote Originally Posted by nmatteis View Post
    does factory reset remove all my customizations and personal data?
    Yeah, it does. But if you've allowed syncing with google and sense, I believe it will all be restored.
    I like being angry. It makes me happy.

This is happening to ALOT of people...see here http://forum.androidcentral.com/show...d=1#post875661. so i doubt its a defective phone. The only way I see in getting it fixed is bringing it to HTC's attention.

ROM
    Sabsa Prime ICS

You don't have to do a factory reset. Just do a normal restart, that almost always fixes any glitches. Just like a PC, after a while the device will get too much crap built up in memory, sometimes causing conflicts, and a restart will clean it out.
  7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #7  

ive noticed if the phone is still then the problem does not happen, but as soon as i start to move (running etc., anything that causes the phone to move constantly) it happens

I was wondering the same thing myself as I also experience that. At first I thought it was a little tilt feature...you tilt the phone to the right, songs fast forward. But now i guess not...

Quote Originally Posted by rocketry876 View Post
    This is happening to ALOT of people...see here http://forum.androidcentral.com/show...d=1#post875661. so i doubt its a defective phone. The only way I see in getting it fixed is bringing it to HTC's attention.
    I have noticed the problem is worse when using the android player and when using external speakers hooked up via an aux cable. I switched to using the Amazon Cloud Player and the "skipping around" problem stopped, however, my phone then began dialing the last number I called randomly...
    Pretty annoying bug IMO

same here...the default music player that came with the phone, the one you get to by going to all apps>music, is that the HTC music player or an android player?

[QUOTE=rocketry876;881576]same here...the default music player that came with the phone, the one you get to by going to all apps>music, is that the HTC music player or an android player?[/QUOTE

My bad, the one with the green music note is the HTC player, the blue speaker is the android player. The HTC player seems to perform the worst. I have also noticed that if I don't touch the phone it works fine, once I start moving it around it tries to call my mom for me

Quote Originally Posted by mquick21 View Post
    once I start moving it around it tries to call my mom for me
    lol maybe its an automatic feature to remind you to wish her a happy mothers day...we'll never know

also does the android player come with the stock phone or is it an app?