1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default need help with external antenna

I live in a relatively rural area. I farm and various areas have good signal and some have very little. My old flip phone had an external antenna port where I could plug an antenna in directly with a cord and place a magnetic antenna on my vehicle. This helped my signal strenght greatly. My Inspire obviously has no port. A friend had a Wilson wireless 800/1900 MHz signal booster but it didn't help at all. What can I do to get a better signal? Thanks for any help.

For making calls and sending texts and stuff:
    Avoid covering the bottom of the phone because that is where the antenna is (I know...stupid place). If you remove your SIM card/Micro SD cover, you'll see a little brass colored strip on the side. thats the antenna. Make sure its shiny. After about 2 years it will start discoloring.

If you can, use speakerphone and hold the phone so the bottom is somewhat facing up.

When sending texts, hold the phone so the bottoms up then press the send button. This will help make sure the phone retains connection throughout the sending process and doesnt stop halfway, at which point youll get a message sending failed message.

If your in an area where your pretty sure there should be more signal (you see everyone else using their phone), and you dont have signal, you may have a defective device. I've been under 4 feet of concrete and still had 2 bars with my hand covering the bottom. My DeLorme PN-40 GPS didnt have signal, and its one of the best GPS recievers out there. goes to say how good the inspires antenna should be...

Global Posts
    1,029 Global Posts
    ROM
    Sabsa Prime ICS

You could also contact AT&T about getting a micro cell.

Quote Originally Posted by pazzo02 View Post
    You could also contact AT&T about getting a micro cell.
    whats a micro cell?

Global Posts
    59 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

At&t MicorCell is a device that you plug into your home broadband internet (Cable, DSL) and it will use it to transmit a strong 3G signal in your house.

I imagine if you tell them that you do not have good signal in your house they may offer you one for free.