is it worth it to root my inspire 4g

kevbot3

May 4, 2011
Visit site
I'm happy with my inspire how it is but I've heard about this rooting and was wondering if its really going to make it better. Plus I like the stock Rom on it and wouldn't want to change that anythoughts anyone??

cobra302

Mar 22, 2010
Visit site
if you are happy with the stock rom, then really very few reasons to root. if youre just looking for different looks, then a new launcher is much easier on this phone than the root process.

Verdes8891

Jul 9, 2010
Visit site
One of the main reasons i would root the phone would be able to get access to third party application such as the amazon app store. But since AT&T is going to let up on that and allow it now. There goes my reasons. But there are other ones as well. Such as you can install some different roms to give it a different look and feel to the phone that you cannot get with stock roms and different launchers.

tallal565

Feb 27, 2011
Visit site
but are the custom roms that much better then the stock roms to root it

Some custom roms have better battery life. ive seen people get faster uploads and downloads. you can remove att bloatware. you can install apps outside of the app market because you ROM is not att anymore

Reactions: kfrost35.1

f308gt4

Feb 15, 2011
Visit site
I've had my inspire since Mid Feb, and I still see no reason for me to root. It works just fine.

My battery life is OK (pretty much lasts all day), plus I have charging cables at work, home, cars, etc. Haven't had an issue yet.

Bloatware? It doesn't really affect me. I haven't had issues with running out of space, so it doesn't bother me what software is on my phone. I just don't use it if I don't need it.

Third party applications? I use the AC-SWM and sideload with no issues. I have the amazon app store, and other stuff I've sideloaded.

Also, one thing I seem to notice: If you look at the various Android phones, lots of people with phone issues seem to be the ones that have it rooted. I have no issues with my stock phone- everything works as was intended. No root, no problem.

tallal565

Feb 27, 2011
Visit site
I've had my inspire since Mid Feb, and I still see no reason for me to root. It works just fine.

My battery life is OK (pretty much lasts all day), plus I have charging cables at work, home, cars, etc. Haven't had an issue yet.

Bloatware? It doesn't really affect me. I haven't had issues with running out of space, so it doesn't bother me what software is on my phone. I just don't use it if I don't need it.

Third party applications? I use the AC-SWM and sideload with no issues. I have the amazon app store, and other stuff I've sideloaded.

Also, one thing I seem to notice: If you look at the various Android phones, lots of people with phone issues seem to be the ones that have it rooted. I have no issues with my stock phone- everything works as was intended. No root, no problem.

i agree with everything except the bloatware. i hate seeing many apps i dont ever use. my list gets too big because of that

clintrojan

Mar 1, 2011
Visit site
i agree with everything except the bloatware. i hate seeing many apps i dont ever use. my list gets too big because of that

I use Go Launcher and use the app folder to put all my unwanted apps in a folder at the end. That way all the stuff I don't use is kept in a nice little icon at the end of my app drawer.

Launcher Pro also has the ability to hide apps from your app drawer.

tallal565

Feb 27, 2011
Visit site
I use Go Launcher and use the app folder to put all my unwanted apps in a folder at the end. That way all the stuff I don't use is kept in a nice little icon at the end of my app drawer.

Launcher Pro also has the ability to hide apps from your app drawer.

but then i cant use HTC sense widgets. whats the point of an HTC device without the widgets

ATT.Fan1982

May 3, 2011
Visit site
I'm a new android user over from apple iphone 4 which is literally a 2minute piece of cake process to jailbreak. I see the root is a lot more complex than the jailbreaking process of the iphone. I most definitely plan on rooting my inspire android but I just want to get a better understanding for the android operating system to increase my comfort in doing the root myself and knowing, in worst case scenario, out to fix any problems I may potentially run into doing the rooting process.

mdunn1066

Mar 21, 2010
Visit site
Its all up to you. For me I wanted to play around with Cyanogen and other things, running Inspired Ace 1.0.1 currently and I get about 1 day 20 hours on one charge with medium use and a low reception area (signal jumping around from edge to 3g a lot)

Battery Life Depends a lot on the radio you use, im using the latest Desire HD radio and it seemed to improve everything greatly.

CutRiteFX

Jan 22, 2011
Visit site
Really?! That's pretty awesome to hear. So wait, I know this is a nooby question but what's this mean for us? >>

This would mean that we can install 3rd party applications without having to use WonderMachine. Just copy the APK to your memory card and install. And hopefully this will let us remove the bloatware off the phone Asphault, FamilyMap, ATT Navigator, Blockbuster ect.

homescrub

Mar 1, 2011
twitter.com
I'm a new android user over from apple iphone 4 which is literally a 2minute piece of cake process to jailbreak. I see the root is a lot more complex than the jailbreaking process of the iphone. I most definitely plan on rooting my inspire android but I just want to get a better understanding for the android operating system to increase my comfort in doing the root myself and knowing, in worst case scenario, out to fix any problems I may potentially run into doing the rooting process.

One of the things to do when rooting, is that you don't lose any data or info on the phone. All you're doing is generating Admin Access to your phone. Voiding your warranty of course.

Once you've done that, you can install apps from 3rd party stores, etc, and install custom made ROMs, like the popular CyanogenMod ROMs.

Its simple to reinstall Sense UI if you wish to sell the phone, you just have to download the manufacturers exe.file (similar to iPhone's iOS when downgrading from jailbreak to stock).

Duvi

Oct 24, 2008
Visit site
i have had my atrix since release day and haven't had an itch to root. heck, i never jailbroke my iPhone either. if i have to root a device for something i want/need, then that may not be the phone for me. i like phones that are awesome out the box. so when i get my inspire (hopefully by the weekend), i will probably root it, just to say i rooted it, but i may just go back to stock after trying CM on it like i did my nexus one.

homescrub

Mar 1, 2011
twitter.com
i have had my atrix since release day and haven't had an itch to root. heck, i never jailbroke my iPhone either. if i have to root a device for something i want/need, then that may not be the phone for me. i like phones that are awesome out the box. so when i get my inspire (hopefully by the weekend), i will probably root it, just to say i rooted it, but i may just go back to stock after trying CM on it like i did my nexus one.

Rooting isn't for everyone. Only good thing here is that Android gives you freedom, which you chose to keep your phone stock. that's great. Most users become hungry for more, and once they root, your phone can manage apps and power better than stock phones can.

CutRiteFX

Jan 22, 2011
Visit site
I prefer not to root. As I hate the fact that if I decide to put it back I can't fully restore it back to the way it was before I rooted. I have been reading that once you root you can install the stock rom but phone is still rooted. So if you have a problem and bring the phone into the store your warranty is voided.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sandersc