No wifi after update...help

chaseplummer

Feb 2, 2011
Visit site
Just did the update, now my wifi doesn't work at all. Wont even enable. Just says "error" everytime I try and enable it. Any suggestions? I've had more trouble out of this phone than I had wished. Ive done a soft reset and hard reset. No luck.

rocketry876

Apr 19, 2011
Visit site
Have you tried turning off the 4g(mobile network) from the settings menu (if the 4g is on it will just use that if it cant find a wifi)? have you tried resetting your router? trying it in an open network, such as Mcdonalds? If so, I'd think you may have a defective product, or something went seriously wrong during the update, someting only HTC would know how to fix. I'd suggest you give them a call tommorow.

pazzo02

Feb 16, 2011
Visit site
Sound like something happened during the update. Have you tried doing a hard reset? If that doesn't help, like rocketry876 said, probably have to call HTC.

rocketry876

Apr 19, 2011
Visit site
Is it HTC that will replace it or AT&T since theyre the ones carrying the phone? How long has it been since you bought the phone? Also, did you attempt to use the phone in any way during the update, or did the battery die?

Try this...its similar to a hard reset, but I think its a bit "harder":
power off inspire and remove battery and put it in
press n hold volume down
Press power button like you normally would to turn it on...a quick press n hold till it turns on
youll see a menu with things like clear sim, clear storage, fastbook, recovery...
releasae volume down button
select clear storage by pressing volume down
press n release power button
youll see a confirmation message-press volume up to click yes
this will totally clear everything and restore to default

I still "insist" that you contact HTC. theyll probably have you erase the 1.84 software and then reinstall it...i think

Last edited:

chaseplummer

Feb 2, 2011
Visit site
Is it HTC that will replace it or AT&T since theyre the ones carrying the phone? How long has it been since you bought the phone? Also, did you attempt to use the phone in any way during the update, or did the battery die?

Try this...its similar to a hard reset, but I think its a bit "harder":
power off inspire and remove battery and put it in
press n hold volume down
Press power button like you normally would to turn it on...a quick press n hold till it turns on
youll see a menu with things like clear sim, clear storage, fastbook, recovery...
releasae volume down button
select clear storage by pressing volume down
press n release power button
youll see a confirmation message-press volume up to click yes
this will totally clear everything and restore to default

I still "insist" that you contact HTC. theyll probably have you erase the 1.84 software and then reinstall it...i think

i would think HTC would replace it. Ive had it since Feb when it was released by AT&T . I'll try that and im def calling HTC today.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DragnDon