Constantly rebooting...ticking me off

chaseplummer

Feb 2, 2011
Visit site
My Inspire constantly reboots...about 6 times a day. It sometimes happens while it's in my pocket, other times it's while I'm actually using the phone. I've done a ton of hard resets and soft resets. Anybody got an idea as to what's going on? Im about to throw it out into the highway. I've searched everywhere for a solution and can't find a thing. It's so annoying

rocketry876

Apr 19, 2011
Visit site
Some of my previous phones did that, like my Samsung Impression. Samsung said they do that on occasion when the phone gets too overloaded. But Android should just kill those tasks, leading me to think that its just a defective product. I'd probably just send a quick email to HTC and see what they say...they seem to have pretty good customer service.

adammcgovern

Apr 20, 2011
Visit site
Definitely don't throw it onto the highway. Quick question though, is it rooted or have you downloaded anything since that began?

RigelX

Mar 26, 2011
Visit site
The battery cover has contacts that turn the phone off when it's open. If it isn't closed properly, it might cause it to reboot if you sqeeze it just right.

rocketry876

Apr 19, 2011
Visit site
The battery cover has contacts that turn the phone off when it's open. If it isn't closed properly, it might cause it to reboot if you sqeeze it just right.

But if it is closed properly, I would think its a defective product, mines never done it once.

emtp435

Mar 25, 2011
Visit site
I'm having a similar issue, but not as bad as 9 times a day. Have you had any luck in figuring out the issue or getting help from HTC?