Gingerbread update!

Verdes8891

Jul 9, 2010
Visit site
For what it is worth, spoke with an HTC rep today and he told me that the gingerbread update is in testing right now and should be out during the summer.

Provided AT&T approves it.

Sent from my Inspiration

Reactions: JoeR32

netposer

Jul 6, 2010
Visit site
For what it is worth, spoke with an HTC rep today and he told me that the gingerbread update is in testing right now and should be out during the summer.

Provided AT&T approves it.

Sent from my Inspiration

If ATT has anything to do with it then we might see in Q1 of 2012

obievil

Mar 23, 2011
Visit site
I don't want to have to wait. I'll give it until July, if I AT&T has not pushed it by then, I'll root and put gingerbread on it anyway .

BenjaSands

Feb 24, 2011
Visit site
I dont really want to root my phone...but its getting frustrating waiting for the Update...I am fairly new to Android but I dont know how the update is coming out for way older model phones and yet to come out for a phone that is fairly new...

nickmatteis

Feb 19, 2011
Visit site
i want to root... but i have a mac and there is no "1 Click" method yet.. so dont bash us people who havent rooted. coming from iphone and blackberry, rooting is a whole different beast than jailbreaking or installing a "leaked OS"
dont get me wrong, i absolutely love my phone, i could never go back to iphone the screen looks minuscule to me and everything is so standard, where as with my android i can switch launchers and theoretically get a "new phone" when i get bored..

but that being said, i have read forums on rooting, and while i would love to do it, its very very confusing. goldcards, S OFF, what does it even mean, and me being on a mac means i would have to use terminal (which im not amazing with) makes me nervous im going to brick my phone...

if you guys know an easy way to root on a mac please let me know

anon(4144202)

Mar 2, 2011
Visit site
i want to root... but i have a mac and there is no "1 Click" method yet.. so dont bash us people who havent rooted. coming from iphone and blackberry, rooting is a whole different beast than jailbreaking or installing a "leaked OS"
dont get me wrong, i absolutely love my phone, i could never go back to iphone the screen looks minuscule to me and everything is so standard, where as with my android i can switch launchers and theoretically get a "new phone" when i get bored..

but that being said, i have read forums on rooting, and while i would love to do it, its very very confusing. goldcards, S OFF, what does it even mean, and me being on a mac means i would have to use terminal (which im not amazing with) makes me nervous im going to brick my phone...

if you guys know an easy way to root on a mac please let me know

+1 on that

ddot196

Mar 7, 2011
Visit site
Didn't google make a new pact with some of the phone makers to provide updates for 18 months? I thought I saw that somewhere.

Yea they are teaming up with ask the manufacturers to provide updates in a timely manner to phones for at least the first 18 months of the phones life cycle. No telling when that'll be implemented though.

Sent from my HTC Inspire 4G

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol