Please help

philharmonik

Apr 11, 2011
Visit site
I am really confused on how to root the HTC Inspire. I just rooted and installed gingerblur on my Atrix last night. That was so much easier. Basically, all I want to do is root the inspire to be able to install non market apps...like Swype. This is my wife's phone so she doesnt want any custom roms or anything. Just Swype. I had installed Swype on it before using sideload wonder machine and command prompts on the pc from another guide on here. That was a pain in the ass! I eventually got it working and she was very happy. Now Swype has stopped working for her, and I can't figure out how to get it working again. I find so many different guides from youtube and here and they all are so confusing. Does anyone have a link that shows me the most "updated" way to root this Inspire?? Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thank you! :D

reidrdj

May 12, 2011
Visit site
If all you want to do is install non market app, I would suggest using the side load wonder machine before rooting. Its super simple to use, and works great. I used it for awhile before I rooted and moved to a custom rom. Hope this helps.

Sent from my Desire HD using Tapatalk

Reactions: philharmonik

mquick21

Apr 1, 2011
Visit site
I have had swype fail to work a few times and found if you do a couple of things it begins to work again...
1. Reboot phone

If that doesnt work

2. Hold finger down in the text entry area and release, select input method and pick touch input, then repeat and select swype.

One of these two works every time for me.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech