GPS on rooted Inspire

kfrost35.1

Mar 3, 2011
Visit site
I was just wondering if anyone out there has had the same problem as me since I got my Inspire Rooted now to Desire HD I do not have the GPS track icon anymore and I have tried the GPS but it only works off the cell phone network, before I had my phone rooted the GPS was working perfectly.

Does anyone out there know how to get the GPS back to workability cause when I try it out at bottom of screen it says "Searching for GPS" so I had to figure if having it rooted took off the GPS and is there anyway to get it back?

mrro82

Mr. Ro.
Jan 19, 2011
Visit site
I was just wondering if anyone out there has had the same problem as me since I got my Inspire Rooted now to Desire HD I do not have the GPS track icon anymore and I have tried the GPS but it only works off the cell phone network, before I had my phone rooted the GPS was working perfectly.

Does anyone out there know how to get the GPS back to workability cause when I try it out at bottom of screen it says "Searching for GPS" so I had to figure if having it rooted took off the GPS and is there anyway to get it back?

Whatever ROM you flashed, you need to ask the dev of it.

Reactions: kfrost35.1

kfrost35.1

Mar 3, 2011
Visit site
Rom on my phone

Ok the Rom I have on my phone now is the Pure 2.3.3 Gingerbread as it gave me ability to have a clean install of it.
So I don't know if that is the problem why I don't have the GPS tracking and Icon anymore. But I also got with an e-mail from On the go soluntions is able to flash the Radio so I am wondering if I should do that, which I will do. Anyway I will hope it works again.

kfrost35.1

Mar 3, 2011
Visit site
Hey I got my GPS to work on my rooted phone now, the problem was that when I installed the 2.3.3 rom I didn't at the time install the updated Radio so if anyone that is out there that needs help in what I did just let me know.

kfrost35.1

Mar 3, 2011
Visit site
Radio upgrade to 2.3

The radio version I have is 12.54.60.25P_26.09.04.11_M2 there is a zip file I am sure of online
PD98IMG_2.3_radio.zip and I found some info over at xda developers. There are some places online that you can d/l it from. I have also included instructions

2. Move the file over to your MicroSD card on your phone
3. Boot your phone into BOOTLOADER, as follows:
a) Under settings->Applications-> Uncheck Fastboot
b) Turn off your phone
c) Hold the volume-down key DOWN
d) At the same time, tap on the power key to start the phone
e) Let the phone start up to a white screen.

4. Load RECOVERY (From Bootloader):
a) Using the volume keys, scroll down to Recovery
b) Press the power-key to select - Phone will reboot into Recovery

1) Download the PD98IMG_2.3_RADIO.zip onto your sd card.
2) Rename file to PD98IMG
3) Turn off your phone and reboot into bootloader as per above instructions.
a) Turn off your phone
b) Hold the volume-down key DOWN
c) At the same time, tap on the power key to start the phone
d) Let the phone start up to a white screen.

4) Just let the bootloader load the IMG file.
5) When prompted for install, follow instructions -> VOL UP.
6) When finished installing, follow instructions to reboot.
7) Delete PD98IMG.zip from your SD Card, or RENAME to PD98IMG_2.3_RADIO.zip

I have the zip file on my computer but the compressed file is 11.1 MB and I can only upload 2 mb files on here or else I would have sent you file on here.

okimar

Nov 15, 2011
Visit site
Hey I got my GPS to work on my rooted phone now, the problem was that when I installed the 2.3.3 rom I didn't at the time install the updated Radio so if anyone that is out there that needs help in what I did just let me know.

I bought a rooted Inspire and the GPS isn't working... I'm new to Android, so I'm WAY behind the power curve on what to do. I need help BAD because I relied on the GPS on my Tilt 2 for my job and had been really counting on the Inspire to do the same and now I'm in a big mess.

I don't know what ROM is loaded, nor do I understand most of what people are talking about since I've been trying to figure this out for a week on my own.

Please help me if you can...

frmorrison

Jul 15, 2011
Visit site
I would install HTC Sync, and find HTC's Inspire page to install the RUU for Gingerbread (file over 100 mb). This will wipe the phone and remove root access, but it may fix the GPS issues you are having.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelsea rae