1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Linked contacts doesn't work

I have only been able to link one contact and i try to link another contact so i can have the facebook photo on their info but it doesn't seem to work. can anyone help me, i've looked everywhere and haven't found any post that has solved my issue. THANKS!

Global Posts
    288 Global Posts

I can't tell you how many times this damn phone doesn't like linking accounts. Drives me nuts. Try and go to your account and sync settings and go to the facebook one and just click the sync contacts. Nothing usually happens at first but give it a second or minute and it'll pop up in the notification bar. Then it'll let you link em up. Try it out.

Sent from my HTC Inspire 4G
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

i tried and nothing. i went to the contact clicked the link button on the top right then the facebook option and done. still nothing. am i doing it right?

Are your phone contacts on the phone itself or the sim card? When in your contacts list, did you go to Menu then View and check to make sure FB is checked. It should show the number of friends you have there.

Global Posts
    288 Global Posts

Umm...hmm lol. Go to your settings. Accounts and sync. Facebook. Then click that. You should see "contacts" and a green circle to the right of it. Or grey if it isn't syncing. At the bottom of screen you should see "sync now". Click that and wait a few minutes or so.

6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  

Quote Originally Posted by fernandezhjr View Post
    Are your phone contacts on the phone itself or the sim card? When in your contacts list, did you go to Menu then View and check to make sure FB is checked. It should show the number of friends you have there.
    they are on the phone and no I do not have the FB friends checked. I remembered once it showed me a list of suggested linked contacts and I dismissed them all.
  7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #7  

Quote Originally Posted by ddot196 View Post
    Umm...hmm lol. Go to your settings. Accounts and sync. Facebook. Then click that. You should see "contacts" and a green circle to the right of it. Or grey if it isn't syncing. At the bottom of screen you should see "sync now". Click that and wait a few minutes or so.

i clicked sync now and a grey circle showed up next to the checked box

Global Posts
    288 Global Posts

Click that circle again till it turns green and it should begin syncing. Eventually the notification should pop up in the bar and let you link them all. Always try a reboot if phone or remove facebook account from phone and reapply it.

Quote Originally Posted by danger_dave View Post
    they are on the phone and no I do not have the FB friends checked. I remembered once it showed me a list of suggested linked contacts and I dismissed them all.
    sign out of facebook, itll say you will lose all sync data or something like that (but you dont have any so its no big deal) then sign back in...

Quote Originally Posted by danger_dave View Post
    If you want to be able to view them and link to them, it needs to be checked.