HTC Inspire 4g help

dutyman49

May 17, 2011
Visit site
ok so i am new to the android world and i have a few questions before i get myself too deep. i have been reading up on rooting my HTC Inspire 4g and am thinking about going through with it but i have read somewhere that it voids the warranty. so i guess my 1st ? is if i do go throught with rooting it is there any way that i can get it back to how it was when i took it out of the box without voiding the warranty?

gmurphy0487

Jan 21, 2011
Visit site
You can return to stock pretty easily. There is a tool to s-on the phone then you flash the at&t ruu. It removes root and they wont know. Just make sure you read as much as you can before you do any of this. You should check out xda developers. There is a huge amount of information there with rooting and returning to stock.
http://forum.xda-developers.com/forumdisplay.php?f=1015

What are your reasons for wanting to root?

dutyman49

May 17, 2011
Visit site
alright ill look into that thank you. but i want to root bc i have found some apps i would like to download and cant cause they arent from the market mainly the swype app. i have also read a little into sideloading and havent found anything that could walk me through how to do that or i could probably jus do that and be fine

Verdes8891

Jul 9, 2010
Visit site
Yes you can get back to stock. But your warrenty will still be voided. Just like on iphones when you jailbreak them, it will leave a digital print inside that wont go away.

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk

ZeroRilix

Jan 22, 2011
Visit site
Welcome to the family! lol. I have been a part of the Android faithful since I got my Inspire at the end of February. I am very much stock, and have sideloaded the Amazon Appstore and a few apps from there. You said you can't find any info on sideloading, but I have included a link to a thread about sideloading the Appstore onto the Inspire. If you see the acronym, SWM, we are talking about the Android Central Sideload Wonder Machine. That thread should give you the basic info you need for sideloading. If you are just going root only to enable installs from third party sources, I say don't until you check out the link to sideloading below. Read the thread, then decide if you still want to root. To each their own, and there are other benefits to rooting than just sideloading. Good luck on whatever option you choose!

http://forum.androidcentral.com/htc-inspire-4g/70586-amazon-app-store-how-install-inspire.html

P.S. If I helped you at all, please hit the thanks button.

BenjaSands

Feb 24, 2011
Visit site
o

ok so i am new to the android world and i have a few questions before i get myself too deep. i have been reading up on rooting my HTC Inspire 4g and am thinking about going through with it but i have read somewhere that it voids the warranty. so i guess my 1st ? is if i do go throught with rooting it is there any way that i can get it back to how it was when i took it out of the box without voiding the warranty?

My friend is all into rooting and this n that...and I have yet to do it. I do everything you can want to do in a phone thats worthwhile with the help of this site and without rooting. I really dont want to and I dont see anyone reason why people do...the only thing my friend has done that I cant cause of rooting is take screenshots of his phone screen haah
Eh....

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelsea rae