1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Question Camera question

Hi,
    I took some photos last weekend and they look great on the screen but when I take them into photoshop I see that they are 8 megs in size but only 72 resolution. I don't see any way to change that... Am I missing something or do I need to root it and get a rom to change the resolution? I would rather have higher rez images!

Thanks,
    Thor's Gal
    Thanked by:

Quote Originally Posted by Thors Gal View Post
    Hi,
    I took some photos last weekend and they look great on the screen but when I take them into photoshop I see that they are 8 megs in size but only 72 resolution. I don't see any way to change that... Am I missing something or do I need to root it and get a rom to change the resolution? I would rather have higher rez images!

Thanks,
    Thor's Gal
    Great question. I'd like to know this, also. As a side note, I remember seeing somewhere that there are a couple of settings that can be changed in order to slightly improve low light photos. Now I can't find it. Can anyone point me in that direction?
    I like being angry. It makes me happy.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

The only thing I saw about that was the ISO setting. ISO is like film speed. (digitally speaking not literally) So, 800 ISO works better in low light than 100 ISO. The lower number in film the finer the grain size but the more light required to take the photo. So, in theory at 100 ISO the images should be higher rez. I will have to test this and see if it holds true digitally.

Thanks,
    Thor's Gal

unless your going to print the pictures 72 resolutions is all you need, and you CAN change resolution in PS, Image>Image size, or option+command+I on a mac.
    If you want to print, change the image resolution to 300, otherwise 72 is perfect, and its a smaller file size (Probably why the phone saves them that way)
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

Hi,
    yes, thank you, you can change it in photoshop. I like to shot big. I shoot all my Nikon in Raw format at max settings. I believe that is better than changing it in photoshop. However, that might be what I have to do as I have not found a setting.

Thanks,
    Tho'rs Gal