AT&T Customer Service/Tech Support, What a Joke!!

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
I called AT&T after hours tech support last night still trying to receive the ota update, and after dealing with 3 complete idiots, I finally get a supervisor. I thought I might just get someone on the line that could actually "assist" me, WRONG AGAIN! When you call AT&T after hours, they give you a number for AT&T After hours tech support if your having trouble making or receiving calls. Problem #1 is it really isn't "tech support". The supervisor I spoke to told me that there are no people from tech support that work after hours, that they are customer service and they really only know how to deal with billing issues. She also stated that their call center is in Canada (They don't even have AT&T in Canada, they have Rodgers). She had no idea what I was talking about and she insisted that she could help. Instead, she sent me the Windows Mobile Market Place. I told her that was not what I needed and she asked me if I wanted the Blackberry market place. Really, how stupid do you have to be to work at AT&T? I finally this morning got a call from a tier 2 tech support person from here in the States who couldn't believe what I told her about last nights "tech support" and also insisted that she could "fix" my problem. WRONG AGAIN!! After an hour she calls back to inform me that she manually pushed the update to all 4 of my Inspires, only on one of them did it look like I got the update until I looked at the settings, GUESS WHAT?, No "Unknown sources" setting. All it did was change the menu options appearance. I officially give up!! I would root my phones but I just cant understand what I've been reading about it and nobody has responded to the multitude of questions I have. My Inspires will join the rest of the phones I have and serve as "ipods". Since I have nothing better to do, I am going to devote all my time into looking for ways to **** AT&T just like they ****ed me.

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
I'm sorry about the rant, I got a little beside myself. It's just been an ongoing problem with AT&T with several different issues, I just let it get the best of me. I just wish I could understand what most of you know, I thought I knew a lot about phones and the unlimited possibilities with them, but I guess I have only scratched the surface. And your right, not enough sleep, lol.

shawtygotit

Apr 4, 2011
Visit site
They just put information on the update in our systems (I work at an at&t call center) today. and they are correct tech support is not open in the wee hours of the night. In the system is says that we are not to push the update until after the 23rd. I have an inspire and I am wanting the update so bad.

Reactions: kirchner394351

Jakethasnake

May 1, 2011
Visit site
i agree

the tech support people are 100% clueless. i am so tired of waiting for this update. i have called att tech support twice. the first time the lady sounded like she was almost speaking french or something. and then she just gave me the website for htc and pretty much told me good luck finding a solution. soo i waited longer. and once again no update! so i called back again to see if i could seek someone with a little bit more knowledge. the first person i talked to had no idea what i was talking about and redirected me to some other girl. then that girl basically blew me off and told me to wait and be patient. she was really rude and just tried to rush our phone call. everytime i asked her a question i could just hear her sigh and then tell me to wait. the tech support is definately a joke.

erwaso

Mar 11, 2011
Visit site
Not to be the jerk here but they did say the rollout would take weeks.

And i work for a telecom company, the call center doesnt always know everything. Even if they do, they dont have to disclose anything to a customer if they were given instructions not to. There are protocols tje follow. Its not their fault...

Hypnopottamus

Feb 16, 2011
Visit site
Not to be the jerk here but they did say the rollout would take weeks.

And i work for a telecom company, the call center doesnt always know everything. Even if they do, they dont have to disclose anything to a customer if they were given instructions not to. There are protocols tje follow. Its not their fault...

You're not being a jerk. I can't believe how impatient people are being. AT&T DID say this update would take place over the "next few weeks". That means if you didn't get the update in a week, WAIT FOR IT! Sure AT&T sucks sometimes, but don't take it out on the call centers. They aren't the ones responsible for the update. I can only imagine the amount of calls flooding in about the update. It's a "rollout" update people! Get a f#cking grip!

Reactions: raver_returns
Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
Get a f#cking grip![/QUOTE] [QUOTE]DITTO!

The way it looks to me is I think, just maybe, that you two might of signed up for the wrong forum. (forums.wireless.att.com) I think this is the link you guys are looking for. You really need to pick a side and stick with it, it's because of "tweeners" like you that give forums a bad reputation. Until you face the real world and real problems and finally move out of your parents basement and stop bragging to your friends that your "hackers", you might want to watch how you speak to people you don't know anything about.Everyone is entitled to speak how they feel, you don't have the slightest idea what other people deal with, I could of swore that we were all pretty much on the same side here, I said what I felt I needed to get off of my chest at the moment, and not long after I apologized for my getting out of character, but for you to reply and try to publicly chastise us, people you know nothing about, maybe instead of looking to start conflict with others in this community, maybe you should invest that time in trying to help others here that are new and excited about being a part of a community with the same interest, but instead you choose not only to let them see the rantings of a couple members that got frustrated, but you also show them conflict between us. Now really think about it, you acted no better then we did, if not worse, now come down from the pedestal you thought you were watching over us from. At this point, I am done wasting my time with issues that don't concern what this forum is all about. If you have anything else to say about it, contact the administrators.

raver_returns

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
You really need to pick a side and stick with it, ---- (forums.wireless.att.com) ---- Until you face the real world and real problems and finally move out of your parents basement and stop bragging to your friends that your "hackers",

Really, you want to reply to something not even directed to you? You started this with a topic that should have been directed to the att.com forum, remember?

Fine. So......who's a "hacker"? Haven't seen that word once on here. You want to start saying things about people to emphasize your point about "watch how you speak to people?" Really? As much as I'd like to get into a debate about who can flex bigger in a redneck wife-beater, this is really not the place for that.

Real world problems? You mean like whether or not AT&T is jumping through hoops fast enough to suit your ego? It's coming. Relax. I haven't gotten mine yet, either. Only thing people have been commenting about is YOUR un-productive ranting. All anyone has tried to say is chill out.
I know its frustrating, but it will come. I'm seeing more and more people posting that theirs finally came. -- I hope yours comes soon.
Just saw that. Hows that for irony? And I'm a "tweener".

Now, that being said. I am curious. Maybe you can help. What "sides" are you referring to? Are we in some kind of digital battle with AT&T or anyone else for that matter? If we are suppose to "all be on the same side", then who exactly is on the other side? Please, enlighten me. Until I can have more information on what sides exist and what it is you think they stand for, I'll choose only one. Reality. None of our pissing and moaning about AT&T or each other is going to get either of us anything any faster. If you're that insistent in your impatience, root and rom like everyone else that chose not to wait. There are even other methods not requiring rooting. But, if you've chosen to wait (as I have) then why not just, well, wait?

Believe it or not, I really mean it when I say, Have a nice day, sir.

EDIT: My bad, after re-reading the posts, I guess it was directed at you.

Last edited:
Reactions: Hypnopottamus

Alicia Mcpherson

Jan 21, 2013
Visit site
I had a htc inspire that i had alot of trouble with, the sound would go down and noone could hear me, then they sent me another one and that one kept resetting itself and cutting off and they sent me another and the sound went down and noone could hear me again. They sent me a new galaxy s3 at no charge and helped me with everything and this was night support. There is nothing i can say bad about att. I think they are great.:d

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jm_rookie2