Inspire with iPhone Data Plan?

agentak5319

May 23, 2011
Visit site
Hello Everyone! I am new to the whole Android OS.... I'm an iOS willing to make the switch.. ;)

I currently have an iPhone 4 with a microsim installed. I ordered a "microsim adapter" which is a plastic molding that makes the sim card the regular size again. I am sure you are familiar.

The HTC Inspire takes the regular size sim card. I solved this problem with the adapter.

I want to know if I am able to swap the sim card between the two phones as I please?

I want to use my iPhone 4 as my primary phone. I do not want to lose my unlimited $30 data plan. I am aware that I will not have my visual voice mail on the Inspire, and I am okay with that. I also know that I will not have true HSPA+ speeds without the so called "4G Data Plan"... and I am okay with that for now also.

Basically, what I am wanting to know if it is possible to use an HTC Inspire with the iPhone sim card on an iPhone Data Plan?

Thanks for your help in advance! :)

homescrub

Mar 1, 2011
twitter.com
Yes you are. I do it all the time with my iPhone 3GS and Inspire. The plans are the same even you got the Inspire's 4G data plan. There is no 4G yet, lol. The speeds are just the same on my iPhone 3GS as it is on my Inspire.

Note: I was with the iPhone data plan on my Inspire until just this month when they updated my Data Plan when I called. Since February mind you. So it shouldn't be a problem.

deeteroderdas

May 19, 2011
Visit site
Just FYI, you should not lose your $30/unlimited iPhone data plan. When I switched from my 3GS to the Inspire, I specifically, distinctly and repeatedly (twice) told the sales guy that I wanted to keep my unlimited iPhone data plan. No problem.

Got a kick when the sales guy, who kindly offered to transfer my phonebook from the iPhone to the Inspire, got a look at my jailbroken iPhone's Droid-like home screen. He showed it to the manager, who turned away and said, "I didn't see anything!"

Hey, it's my phone! I'll root my Inspire as soon as I'm comfortable with it.

homescrub

Mar 1, 2011
twitter.com
Just FYI, you should not lose your $30/unlimited iPhone data plan. When I switched from my 3GS to the Inspire, I specifically, distinctly and repeatedly (twice) told the sales guy that I wanted to keep my unlimited iPhone data plan. No problem.

Ha, it happened to my second line, but I was able to get it back on. As long as the system shows that your original data plan was unlimited, they will re-add it to your account.

agentak5319

May 23, 2011
Visit site
Thanks everyone for the reply!

I want to keep the iPhone data plan because I have had an iPhone forever and I'm not ready to make the transition yet.

I called the lovely customer support and of course they said that it isn't possible. I have read many forums on here and all say that I can.

Has anyone had any feature issues, voicemail informalities?

homescrub

Mar 1, 2011
twitter.com
Thanks everyone for the reply!

I want to keep the iPhone data plan because I have had an iPhone forever and I'm not ready to make the transition yet.

I called the lovely customer support and of course they said that it isn't possible. I have read many forums on here and all say that I can.

Has anyone had any feature issues, voicemail informalities?

You will probably jump ship fast because Android on the Inspire is amazing. You want integration? The phone integrates better than anything. Syncs, contacts, emails, picasa albums, you name it. iPhone can't integrate anything like the Inspire can. Once you learn about your widgets, contacts, and its amazing push email and great messaging, you'll forget about the iPhone.

As far as voicemail, I ditch AT&T voicemail and use YouMail which is free.

agentak5319

May 23, 2011
Visit site
You are most likely. I think it's just that I have been under the protection of iTunes for the longest time.

Also, are any of you familiar with getting iTunes music purchases on the Inspire? I would love that!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

pazzo02

Feb 16, 2011
Visit site
Also, are any of you familiar with getting iTunes music purchases on the Inspire? I would love that!

I use iSyncr. It works great. It's not free (unless you only want 20 song playlists) but it's worth the price. I was in the same boat as you, all my playlist set up on iTunes, and I didn't want to have to redo them all.

pazzo02

Feb 16, 2011
Visit site
The speeds are just the same on my iPhone 3GS as it is on my Inspire.

Really? My wife has an iPhone 3Gs and I've done many side by side speed tests (to try to pry her away from Apple:p). Since the HSUPA update, I regularly get 5-5.4mbps down, and the most the iPhone has ever gotten is 3.4mbps.

agentak5319

May 23, 2011
Visit site
Well... I'm going to pick up my Inspire tomorrow. I hope that I like it.... If not, I will be selling it. I think I will like the customizations of android and sense compared to iOS.

Any suggestions on apps or widgets, ect?

pazzo02

Feb 16, 2011
Visit site

I can give you a few ideas. Of course everyone looks for the free apps, especially games. Who wants to pay for a game? First, download the Amazon Appstore app, now that AT&T has remove the block. They have a new paid app for free every day. I've only been using it for a few weeks and I've gotten over a dozen great apps.

If you listen to music alot (like me) I recommend getting the PowerAmp music player. You can try it for free for 2 weeks, but I bet you'll buy it when the time comes.

It all depends on your tastes. Sports nut, stock watcher, news hound. Whatever you're into, you'll find an app for it. I've had my Inspire since 2 days after the release and I'm still switching things around on it.

Good luck and welcome to our world!:)

homescrub

Mar 1, 2011
twitter.com
Really? My wife has an iPhone 3Gs and I've done many side by side speed tests (to try to pry her away from Apple:p). Since the HSUPA update, I regularly get 5-5.4mbps down, and the most the iPhone has ever gotten is 3.4mbps.

I should mention to you that my phone is rooted, lol. Hence why it feels the same, and also location. I'm in DC so for me the speeds are the same.

rocketry876

Apr 19, 2011
Visit site
Well... I'm going to pick up my Inspire tomorrow. I hope that I like it.... If not, I will be selling it. I think I will like the customizations of android and sense compared to iOS.

Personally, I love Sense and have no idea how I could live without it. Why do some people hate it so much?

As far as apps and widgets go:
angry birds
the HTC battery widget (its a little battery icon that just takes up one app space and shows the exact percentage left. find it in HTC Hub)
Free Music Download (lets you download free full length songs. fast)
Shazam (unlimited tagging through december!)
words with friends (called words free in market)
TV.com (free app that lets you watch full lenght tv shows, like csi, ncis, undercover boss, and way more) pretty fast also
ColorNote (evernote was way too complex for me)

Last edited:

agentak5319

May 23, 2011
Visit site
Thanks everyone!!! Keep the suggestions commin'!! :)

When I have played with my friends inspires I have fell in love with the interface. I love the dashboard the most. All my information is right there! That is what I am most excited about.

agentak5319

May 23, 2011
Visit site
Android is AWESOME!!! SO much more customization!!!

I have a few questions about the whole OS tho...

1) Under my "Accounts & Sync" tab I have 2 Facebook things always syncing. I have "Facebook" and "Facebook for HTC Sense". Could someone explain to me what the difference between the 2 are and if I need to disable any of them to save battery life?

2) What are some things that I need to do to help save battery life? My battery life is HORRIBLE.. lol

pazzo02

Feb 16, 2011
Visit site
1) Under my "Accounts & Sync" tab I have 2 Facebook things always syncing. I have "Facebook" and "Facebook for HTC Sense". Could someone explain to me what the difference between the 2 are and if I need to disable any of them to save battery life?

I'm almost positive the Facebook for HTC Sense is for the Friend Stream widget. If you don't use that, you can delete that account.

Try using Juice Defender to get moe out of you battery life. I actually upgraded to Ultimate, and it's telling me it has more than doubled battery life in the last 24 hours. That's scary, because I still only get 12 to 14 hours with moderate use.:eek:

chestvrg

Dec 25, 2010
Visit site
You are most likely. I think it's just that I have been under the protection of iTunes for the longest time.

HTC Sync will sync all of your music playlists with orines as well as picture folders, contact, calendar entries and documents and bookmarks for free. Just download the HTC Sync software from the HTC website.