ATT down in Boston??

mquick21

Apr 1, 2011
Visit site
My friends and some family have no (or weak signal) on ATT here in Boston, but can't make or receive calls (even on HSDPA with a few bars)...anyone else having the same problem?

ATT said it was a "degraded signal" from a tower...then they told me my phone was broken (so I am guessing that unless there was an EMP only ATT phones were vulnerable to, they are full of it).:mad:

pazzo02

Feb 16, 2011
Visit site
I had a similar issue in my area last summer. Supposedly a piece of equipment on the tower fried. It was down for like 4 days, but only local to the tower. If I left the area it was fine. Is this all over Boston? That would be multiple towers. I'm not sure if there's some kind of hub that would cover many towers and would cause a wide outage. It sounds feasible, but if that's the case, you think they would know about it.

mquick21

Apr 1, 2011
Visit site
Haven't gotten away from work to check it out yet, but my wife can't make calls either (from Brookline)...gonna suck for ATT because if there is no signal where I work (a very large hospital complex with about 20k employees) there are going to be a lot of unhappy people.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SandiR