Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default I will paypal you $2

To The first person to check on their HTC inspire to see if this http://forum.androidcentral.com/htc-...ot-needed.html wifi tethering works with the update.
    http://forum.androidcentral.com/htc-...rk-update.html
    I will paypal them $2.
    thanks.

Won't ATT still charge you for tethering though?
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

No they won't. Haven't.

it was disabled with the HSUPA+ update....
    the trick where you remove the sim, restart, turn on tethering, re-insert the sim, and use from there will not work, it will appear to be working for a few seconds then it says "to use tethering on this device contact att blah blah"

and then the method where you use add an APN just doesnt work at all....

so the answer is no... update and no more free tethering.

p.s keep your money
    Banned

Global Posts
    17,457 Global Posts

Will you Obopay me the cash instead?

I just did the trick and it worked fine.
    Thanked by:
  7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #7  

Now there is conflicting reports. So I'll paypal another $2 for the person with the update to verify it.

Quote Originally Posted by smokinHawk View Post
    Now there is conflicting reports. So I'll paypal another $2 for the person with the update to verify it.
    Why not just try it for yourself? Just curious.
    Last edited by RaverReturns; 05-30-2011 at 12:32 PM.
    I like being angry. It makes me happy.
    Thanked by:
  9. Thread Author  Thread Author    #9  

If I do the update and the WiFi doesn't work I can't go back then I'm screwed.
    I don't know why its so hard for someone who already did the update to use the link provided and see if it still works with the update.

Quote Originally Posted by smokinHawk View Post
    If I do the update and the WiFi doesn't work I can't go back then I'm screwed.
    I don't know why its so hard for someone who already did the update to use the link provided and see if it still works with the update.
    Well, obviously I can't speak for everyone else, but mine works. You have my word on that. This is the internet, so you can take it or leave it. But it's all I (or anyone else) is going to be able to give you - personal experience. If you are looking for someone that can give you some personal assurance that it will work on your phone, I'm sorry but you're really out of luck. When it comes down to it, you'll just have to try it to know for yourself -- or not.
    I like being angry. It makes me happy.
    Thanked by:
  11. Thread Author  Thread Author    #11  

FYI it did work, thanks to Raven and Baldwi

EDIT: Question answered.

Disregard this post