Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Clock Problem?

Has anyone else had any problems with there clock reading the wrong time? Earlier this morning mine jumped ahead like 14 min. and it just did it again out of no where. I work with some people who have the Evo and they have said that their phone has also done it once or twice before.Restarting the phone seems to fix it but still wtf?

Global Posts
    385 Global Posts
    ROM
    GingerBeast & CM7

is your clock settings set up for auto?
    ANDROIDOGRAPHY
    WALLPAPERS FOR YOUR HTC INSPIRE 4G/DESIRE HD

CUSTOM ICON SET: MASHABLES
    by Homescrub

[B]I need to unroot my Inspire 4G [Thread]
    Clicking "THANKS" is the simplest and easiest way of showing appreciation.

Global Posts
    332 Global Posts

Yea mine did that earlier. Was like to 10 minutes ahead. Just uncheck the box that says update automatically and re click it. It should load up then.

Sent from my HTC Inspire 4G
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

yeah mine is set to auto, i will try unchecking it if it happens again and then re check it.

Doctor Who calling.

And yea, sometimes the clock servers mess up.

Yes, I also had this same problem. Showing the time about 10 minutes fast. I just unchecked and rechecked the auto time set box and all worked, however, it happened last night and i unchecked and checked the box, and it worked fine, but then this morning it did it again also. Don't know how long this is going to go on for. I'm wondering whether its the OTA update, because before that I never noticed a problem...
    Last edited by rocketry876; 05-27-2011 at 10:42 PM. Reason: content addition

Global Posts
    54 Global Posts

Haha mine did it 10 minutes ahead and I was early to work so I guess it worked out well for me. But still wtf.

These are all temporary fixes. Mine has been of 10 minutes (fast) for the last 4 days.
    After checking auto, reboot, etc. time speeds back up again. It's getting really annoying.

Global Posts
    218 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

This seems to be a common problem. This has happened to me once but after reading this thread im sure it will happen again.

Global Posts
    1,096 Global Posts
    ROM
    ICS

Mine did that exactly yesterday Friday and I got to work 15mts earlier than usual
    my Nexus 5 32GB

Would we contact ATT or HTC to get this resolved...Getting very annoying

Quote Originally Posted by rocketry876 View Post
    Would we contact ATT or HTC to get this resolved...Getting very annoying
    ATT. Their network providing bad clock data.

Global Posts
    31 Global Posts
    ROM
    CoreDroid v8.1

Mine has done this twice too.

Both times 10 min ahead. Turning the automatic time off then back on fixed but i hope this isn't gonna be a major problem.