1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default HUGE difference being rooted

I rooted my Inspire a while back with no problems, just to get 3rd party apps. Recently Un-rooted to get the latest software update ( and hopefully the 3rd party update soon ). So having had the phone both ways, I was amazed at how much slower it is now un rooted! I have a poor signal now ( had 5 bars rooted, barely keep 2 bars unrooted, sitting in the same spot in the house ) plus I ran the Speed test app ( rooted I got over 1200 kbps down, 380 up, unrooted, I get 300 kbps down, 179 up ).

Anyone else compared the performance both ways? Is this normal?

Global Posts
    385 Global Posts
    ROM
    GingerBeast & CM7

For me, I'm getting 5down 3up on stock. lol. i love rooting and unrooting my phone. battery is worse though.
    ANDROIDOGRAPHY
    WALLPAPERS FOR YOUR HTC INSPIRE 4G/DESIRE HD

CUSTOM ICON SET: MASHABLES
    by Homescrub

[B]I need to unroot my Inspire 4G [Thread]
    Clicking "THANKS" is the simplest and easiest way of showing appreciation.

i've concidered rooting my phone, but mt speeds vary from 6000 down 1300 up to 500 down 200 up. first speed is at work and second is at home, 8 miles apart. i live in north east florida. the only problem i have with rooring my phone is downloading the files to do it. i've followed the instructions with no luck.

I'm going to wait until my warranty expires before I try fiddling with any rooting stuff...

welcome to the dark side

Yeah I just rooted my phone again lol which app did u use for speed test
  7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #7  

just an app called speed test.. connects to speedtest.net

Global Posts
    385 Global Posts
    ROM
    GingerBeast & CM7

I unrooted again lol. Decided to use launcher pro instead for the meantime. Have my phone looking like Gingerbread.

Global Posts
    1,029 Global Posts
    ROM
    Sabsa Prime ICS

I've decided to wait a while to root. I'm pretty happy with my "mini tablet" how it is. I figure once I get totally bored with it, rooting will renew my interest.