Recommendations....

Hawks21

May 9, 2011
Visit site
Does anyone have a root method that they did and that still works that you think is worth rooting my phone with? I don't know much about rooting so I am trying to decide what to do.

homescrub

Mar 1, 2011
twitter.com
I would stay away from Hack Kit. Its been causing issues with phones like no sound after root and also no wifi after root.

I will continue using Bubby's Simple One Click Root method. I've unrooted my phone 5 times using the same method with no issues.

Download the files from XDA and read through the threads for more info: [DEV][GUI][RC2][GPL][3-21-2011] HTC Inspire 4G Simple One Click - xda-developers

Good luck in your rooting.

Reactions: Hawks21

Hawks21

May 9, 2011
Visit site
Wow. before I was looking at rooting and it looked so hard and then I found a 15min video on youtube of this guy giving a tutuorial on how to root your phone using that method and it was really easy. What rom do you recommend I flash onto my phone now that it is rooted? nice caps logo by the way

Reactions: homescrub

Hawks21

May 9, 2011
Visit site
Thanks. I have no idea how i got the cm7 on my phone but I some how figured it out. the only problem is that the android market isn't installed and I heard that you need to download something called gapps from the rom manager but I don't see that. do you have any idea?

Hawks21

May 9, 2011
Visit site
lmao ok now that I got the market I was trying to move that app that has a picture of four boxes that shows all of the apps you have to a different part of my screen and while I was moving it I accidently dropped it into the trash bin. is there any way to get it back? because now I cant even use any apps lol what a mess

homescrub

Mar 1, 2011
twitter.com
lmao ok now that I got the market I was trying to move that app that has a picture of four boxes that shows all of the apps you have to a different part of my screen and while I was moving it I accidently dropped it into the trash bin. is there any way to get it back? because now I cant even use any apps lol what a mess

when the dock bar disappears, you have to press the screen down where the dock was and it should come back up. if anything, press menu - settings, and go into ADW settings, and look around the Screen options to enable the dock bar.

Reactions: Hawks21

Hawks21

May 9, 2011
Visit site
Thank you so much I got it back. I just got my first ever android phone and it has been kind of confusing with rooting it and everything, but you have helped me out so much. I think I'm just going to call it a night before I break my phone lol

Reactions: homescrub