Hoping I didnt brick my phone, NEED HELP!

May 30, 2011
Visit site
Alright so I am freaking out, I HAVE to get this fixed. I followed all instructions on first video and successfully rooted my inspire, then i was following this video but i wanted to install cyanogenmod 7 instead of lee droid, so I downloaded a zip from the mirror, and then i went and used the 1.3 full wipe. Well the mod did not work once i wiped the phone and tried to install, so i went and got the proper zip and restarted the phone. Now it just sits at the screen that says HTC. What do I do?

YouTube - ‪How to flash a custom rom to your rooted AT&T HTC Inspire 4g‬‏

This is the video that I watched and when he installed the leedroid, i was trying to instal the cyanogenmod 7 but it wasnt working so I tried restarting my phone. Now it is just sitting at the HTC start menu and nothing will take it off. I really need help.

jdawest

Mar 30, 2011
Visit site
try not to panic, I'm too new to be able to help you, but I've seen some smart people on here that should be on at some point to help you.
My only mud on the wall suggestion would be to remove and reinsert the battery, then hold down power and vol down, hopefully it will bring up the hboot screen and maybe you can find something there to fix it.
Again, I'm just thowing mud at the wall, hopefully some real help will show up soon. best of luck..

homescrub

Mar 1, 2011
twitter.com
Again, in your last thread you made I have already responded to your question.

Its possible you are not reading through the instructions and causing yourself all this trouble.

Pull the battery, reboot to Clockwork(power+vol dn, select recovery w/ pwr button after it goes through the PD98 checks), wipe data-factory reset and reflash your rom. If that get's you back up and running, nandroid your config then try again. If it fails again, you can restore from nandroid and get with the dev about your issue.

You might also wanna re-dl that zip prior to trying again as it may be corrupt

conundrum2k2

Dec 23, 2010
Visit site
How many threads are needed for this?
Good question "how many threads are needed for this?" I wish I had an answer for you, as it is tiring to answer and try to help people like me for example that messed a good thing up, I had my phone as I wanted it, and thought would have no problem re-rooting it.

I don't know how I mess this up, if I knew how to undo what I did, I would be satisfied, thanks to homescrub for the replies and guidance to try to get my phone back to "normal" but I'm still stuck on that screen with the phone and red triangle when trying to recover