Sideloading woes. Found fix, breaks mms.

Suprtrukr425

Jun 4, 2011
Visit site
So I exchanged my Inspire today, per the recomendations of AT&T Tech support.

I have been trying all week to get the unknown sources update. I first called on Tuesday, and after legnthy explanations of what I was looking for, I was informed the system showed a failed attempt to send the update on the 22nd. I was told it was being pushed, and to give it 24-48 hours. 48 hours later, no suprise I still didn't have the update. Upon my second call on Thursday (a 75 minute ordeal speaking to numerous reps/techs), I was informed that they weren't sure why the update wouldn't take. They put in an order for a tech order to try to troubleshoot this issue. I recived several calls from the tech today, trying everything she could then calling to see if it worked. The end result was a recomendation to go back to the store and exchange the phone, being under the impression the problem is the phone. She said she would call me back on Monday, to see if my problem has been resolved.

So I am now on my second phone, still with no sideloading, wondering if I should wait untill Monday to see what happens, or keep pestering AT&T. After all this frustration (I just got my phone set up the way I liked it, so I wasn't happy about starting over!), I'm starting to wonder if I should just root it. I'm not really so worried about the Amazon Appstore, but I really want a few of the gameloft games not offered in the market.

On a good note, I have had the luck of getting nothing but helpfull techs/reps when I call customer service even when giving them the impression I know more about this than they do. I was also thinking about using the tech chat online, but wasn't sure that would be any more help then I've already gotten.

Last edited:

UnfocusedHTC

Jun 2, 2011
Visit site
I'm having the same issue with my inspire. I get the message asking is I want to complete setup. I say yes and nothing else happens.

Suprtrukr425

Jun 4, 2011
Visit site
I also got those with no changes. Great news though I just got the option. I just found this at XDA, and it worked. I can't believe after all this it was that easy. [EXPLOIT] Unlock The "Unkown Sources" Option - xda-developers

*EDIT* I have noticed a few missing stock wallpapers, and a need to resart the phone before being able to change them.

Last edited:

bman333

May 27, 2011
Visit site
finally! worked here, i found this during an att call back they now have that link/ and directions in their system thanks to the poster

Suprtrukr425

Jun 4, 2011
Visit site
What a disapointment. I traded in my phone that worked perfectly fine today thinking it was defective, only to get one that has a corner of the screen that feels loose with a slight creek noise. After spending all afternoon/evening reinstalling all my apps, and getting all my settings right I noticed the one screen corner felt weak. I was so happy I found the sideloading fix, now so disapionted.

I'm still under my 30 days, should I try to take it back again?

raver_returns

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
What a disapointment. I traded in my phone that worked perfectly fine today thinking it was defective, only to get one that has a corner of the screen that feels loose with a slight creek noise. After spending all afternoon/evening reinstalling all my apps, and getting all my settings right I noticed the one screen corner felt weak. I was so happy I found the sideloading fix, now so disapionted.

Hey, I had that same problem with a little creak sound and feeling on the bottom of my Inspire. It's the plastic cover on the bottom not fitting just right. (Or at least it was on mine.) I called HTC's support from a number I got on their site and told them about it. Just for good measure, I told them I also chipped the battery cover because it's so hard to get off. They sent me both new plastic covers for FREE. Even free shipping. I had them in 3 days. Also, another member posted a link to Ebay where they were selling these bottom covers from China for $26. http://cgi.ebay.com/Sim-Card-Back-D...357798?pt=PDA_Accessories&hash=item41583e62e6 Obviously HTC was the better option for me.

Suprtrukr425

Jun 4, 2011
Visit site

Treid to tack it back to the store today, reps acted as if they couldn't feel what I was talking about with the screen. It sometimes feels like the bottom left corner of the screen pushes in, and is accompanied by a sllight creek sound. Responsivenes of the screen is ok, but just worried about longevity. Also if I push on the search button, there is some screen rippling in that corner (It is the only place on the screen to do so). If I run my finger across the corners there is a slight edge on the left corners, where as it is flush on the right corners. I know the one I just traded in didn't feel like this, but the reps at the store seemed to not be able to see what I was talking about. Very frustrating!

raver_returns

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
Treid to tack it back to the store today, reps acted as if they couldn't feel what I was talking about with the screen. It sometimes feels like the bottom left corner of the screen pushes in, and is accompanied by a sllight creek sound. Responsivenes of the screen is ok, but just worried about longevity. Also if I push on the search button, there is some screen rippling in that corner (It is the only place on the screen to do so). If I run my finger across the corners there is a slight edge on the left corners, where as it is flush on the right corners. I know the one I just traded in didn't feel like this, but the reps at the store seemed to not be able to see what I was talking about. Very frustrating!

If the AT&T store doesn't help with the problem, check out my post (#9) on the subject. If you do choose to call HTC, I would also let them know that you are getting no help from AT&T. Maybe they'll get on their ass a little about it.

Chromer

Apr 17, 2011
Visit site
Was P off when I saw my wife had it on her phone and it wasn't on mine and she didn't even care, so me being obsessive I found this post and holy crap it worked. Thank you so much.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cyari6908