Amazon Appstore Inspire 4G

dms76

Jun 1, 2010
Visit site
Sorry for dropping in on the AT&T side of things, but I need a little assistance if someone could!
My girlfriend and another friend both have the Inspire 4G which seems to be a pretty decent phone if I may add! I can't get the Amazon Appstore loaded as there is no unknown source location to check for install. I found the following link http://forum.androidcentral.com/htc-inspire-4g/70586-amazon-app-store-how-install-inspire.html and would like to verify if this is still the correct procedure or has something easier come about?

ZeroRilix

Jan 22, 2011
Visit site
Sorry for dropping in on the AT&T side of things, but I need a little assistance if someone could!
My girlfriend and another friend both have the Inspire 4G which seems to be a pretty decent phone if I may add! I can't get the Amazon Appstore loaded as there is no unknown source location to check for install. I found the following link http://forum.androidcentral.com/htc-inspire-4g/70586-amazon-app-store-how-install-inspire.html and would like to verify if this is still the correct procedure or has something easier come about?

Yes, that is the correct method. I used that method before I got the unknown sources update about 2-3 weeks ago.

dms76

Jun 1, 2010
Visit site
Yes, that is the correct method. I used that method before I got the unknown sources update about 2-3 weeks ago.

I thought I read on Android Central that AT&T was changing policy on their phones. I tried running both options for software on the phone without much success. I didn't get the exact update info, but it was sometime in April running 2.2.1.

pazzo02

Feb 16, 2011
Visit site
I thought I read on Android Central that AT&T was changing policy on their phones. I tried running both options for software on the phone without much success. I didn't get the exact update info, but it was sometime in April running 2.2.1.

AT&T is in the process of pushing out an update to allow "Unknown Sources", but they seem to be having quite some trouble getting it done. Check out one of the many other threads discussing it.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akbarramadhani12