4G sim card

pazzo02

Feb 16, 2011
Visit site
Here's something to get everyone's mind off of the 3rd party app update. Make sure your Inspire has the new 4g sim card. I think most people are just using their 3g cards from previous phones. I got mine swapped a while ago (pre-HSUPA update) and didn't see a difference, but I just saw a poster state that he went from 3mbps down to 6mbps down after switching just yesterday. I've been regularly hitting 5+mbps down since the HSUPA update.

So check your sim cards. You may be able to get a big bump up in speed. You can tell if you have the 4g card if it doesn't say 3g on it (it doesn't say 4g either).

Good luck!:D

fernandezhjr

Mar 26, 2011
Visit site
It is already well documented that the sim card is not going to make a difference. That person likely benefited from the sim card change forcing his device to reregister with the network. When I first installled the update, I didn't see the improvement until I did a battery pull, forcing my phone to reconnect to network. Just restarting the phone didn't work. I'm thinking now this may have been due to fastboot being enabled, which doesn't allow the phone to fully shutdown, but now have no way of testing it with fastboot off or doing a complete shutdown. I have already seen several posts on different sites where peeps have posted they had to do battery pull to see the improvement.

Sent from my Desire HD using Tapatalk

pazzo02

Feb 16, 2011
Visit site
It is already well documented that the sim card is not going to make a difference.

Really? From everything that I've read it hasn't been proven either way. I'm just saying, if someone's not getting more than 3mbps down, why not ask for a new, free sim card?

fernandezhjr

Mar 26, 2011
Visit site
I still have my old 3g sim card and live in a hspa+ enhanced area. I average 4-5 mbps and can hit 6mbps during off peak.

Last edited:

fernandezhjr

Mar 26, 2011
Visit site
Really? From everything that I've read it hasn't been proven either way. I'm just saying, if someone's not getting more than 3mbps down, why not ask for a new, free sim card?

hspa+ is not 4G. What I have been reading is that those sim cards are for LGE. Personally, I think they are just a sales gimmick to match the sales gimmick that the current hspa+ devices are 4G, even though they aren't.

UnfocusedHTC

Jun 2, 2011
Visit site
HSPA+ is only part of the 4G network for ATT unlike Verison were they only use LTE. Once ATT gets there LTE portion of the 4G network up and running those in 4G areas should see a difference.

pazzo02

Feb 16, 2011
Visit site
hspa+ is not 4G. What I have been reading is that those sim cards are for LGE. Personally, I think they are just a sales gimmick to match the sales gimmick that the current hspa+ devices are 4G, even though they aren't.

Yeah, I was arguing that HSPA+ was not 4g for a while, according to the ITU. Then they came out and caved to the pressure of all these carriers and said that HSPA+ should be considered 4g.

ITU Redefines 4G. Again. | News & Opinion | PCMag.com

bduran727

Mar 7, 2011
Visit site
Hey everyone, I was already emailing HTC Support about another issue about my phone and I asked him about the new "4G" SIM card. He said that the new SIM card is meant to be used (4G area or not) with AT&T's 4G lineup.

So today I went to my local AT&T store to ask about getting a new one. But first, I ran a speed test with my old 3G SIM card that I had when I got the new phone. I had 5 bars of service and got .89 mbps up and 1.48 mbps down. I asked the lady about the new SIM card, and she said yes you were supposed to get one when you bought the phone, I said I didn't and she replied that I could a get a new SIM free of charge.

After I got the new SIM card, I went to the same spot before and ran a speed test. This time though I managed 4.15 mbps down and 1.36 mbps up. I have also noticed increased speeds when sending text messages and surfing the web. Call me crazy, but for no charge just upgrade your SIM card to a new one, it can't hurt.

pazzo02

Feb 16, 2011
Visit site
Hey everyone, I was already emailing HTC Support about another issue about my phone and I asked him about the new "4G" SIM card. He said that the new SIM card is meant to be used (4G area or not) with AT&T's 4G lineup.

So today I went to my local AT&T store to ask about getting a new one. But first, I ran a speed test with my old 3G SIM card that I had when I got the new phone. I had 5 bars of service and got .89 mbps up and 1.48 mbps down. I asked the lady about the new SIM card, and she said yes you were supposed to get one when you bought the phone, I said I didn't and she replied that I could a get a new SIM free of charge.

After I got the new SIM card, I went to the same spot before and ran a speed test. This time though I managed 4.15 mbps down and 1.36 mbps up. I have also noticed increased speeds when sending text messages and surfing the web. Call me crazy, but for no charge just upgrade your SIM card to a new one, it can't hurt.

Exactly my reason for creating this thread.

fernandezhjr

Mar 26, 2011
Visit site

If a battery pull didn't help, you could have just called CS and ask for tech support and had them do a reset of your network settings and you would have got the same results.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lucharmer