Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Woah.

Hey all. After constant crashes and finally shattering my screen on my iPhone 3gs, I decided to upgrade to this phone. I am really impressed so far. It was going to cost 100 bucks to fix my screen and I knew I had an upgrade coming up. It was not until the 23rd but after talking to an att csm I was able to upgrade now, for 100 bucks.

I went for it. The guy at the store gave me a 35 dollar case and a car charger. No extra charge.

But I am ultra impressed with this bad boy. Even tapatalk is better on the inspire than the 3gs.

Any tips or tricks I should know about?

If you want you can also look onto replacing htc sense as your home launcher. I like sense myself, so i occasionally go back to it, but my inspire is primarily on ADW Ex Launcher. Its awsome.

Sent from my Inspiration

Default Re: Woah.

Quote Originally Posted by Maverik View Post
    Hey all. After constant crashes and finally shattering my screen on my iPhone 3gs, I decided to upgrade to this phone. I am really impressed so far. It was going to cost 100 bucks to fix my screen and I knew I had an upgrade coming up. It was not until the 23rd but after talking to an att csm I was able to upgrade now, for 100 bucks.

I went for it. The guy at the store gave me a 35 dollar case and a car charger. No extra charge.

But I am ultra impressed with this bad boy. Even tapatalk is better on the inspire than the 3gs.

Any tips or tricks I should know about?
    As a previous owner of the last 3 iPhones myself, let me say "Welcome back from the dark side !!"

1) gtalk: If you are a gtalk user, make sure you setup with the gmail account that is most useful. I have four gmails and just happened to get lucky that I set it up using one that I gtalk with the most. Known issue that you can only run the gtalk app through one gmail acct.

2) News app: The same work gmail that saved me on gtalk rendered my news app broken and useless.

3) Get swype on your phone asap. (see sideload thread)

4) Love the htc calendar widget, but there are issues with getting it to properly reflect birthdates embedded within gmail accounts. Facebook seems to sync up ok though.

5) Bloatware: Att navigator is a piece of junk--use the google navigator. useless apps like that should just be uninstallable.

6) Beware htc's punishment of hairy faces: The front top speaker appears to crave the beard of men who used to wear their cell phone in a belt clip.

7) That little round spec in the upper right next to the hair-trimming speaker is not a secret camera used by disguised reptilians who control our planet to monitor our every motion (heh heh, monitor). It is the proximity sensor and if you turn the phone face down while it is ringing it will silence the ring.
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

Quote Originally Posted by RaverReturns View Post
    As a previous owner of the last 3 iPhones myself, let me say "Welcome back from the dark side !!"
    Yeah that iPhone did nothing but crash and that was the 3rd one.

Thanks for all the advice.

Root using this: (ALL NEW AGAIN ON 04-29-2011) HTC Inspire/DHD Hack Kit V11 - xda-developers . It is slick 1, 2, 3, process.

I have and I will never go back to stock. HTC Sense sucks.

You made the best decision in getting this phone.

Global Posts
    810 Global Posts
    Carrier
    Stock

Quote Originally Posted by Verdes8891 View Post
    If you want you can also look onto replacing htc sense as your home launcher. I like sense myself, so i occasionally go back to it, but my inspire is primarily on ADW Ex Launcher. Its awsome.

Sent from my Inspiration
    Everyone seems to love ADW EX lately, I love sense, but if you don't mind me asking whats so great about EX?

Carrier
    Sabsa Prime ICS

Quote Originally Posted by repligator View Post
    7) That little round spec in the upper right next to the hair-trimming speaker is not a secret camera used by disguised reptilians who control our planet to monitor our every motion (heh heh, monitor). It is the proximity sensor and if you turn the phone face down while it is ringing it will silence the ring.
    It's also the light sensor to control the screen auto-brightness.

Quote Originally Posted by pazzo02 View Post
    It's also the light sensor to control the screen auto-brightness.
    Yes, right you are. It is a photovoltaic with all the rights and privileges thereof. Tangentially speaking, my extra wish list for my next smartphone:

1) laser pointer

2) infrared transmitter (your phone is a universal remote)

3) thermostat

4) humidistat

Global Posts
    20,036 Global Posts

I got my EVO 3D on Friday and prefer Sense 3.0 to Launcher Pro or ADW EX. Scenes are freakin' shhhhhhweet.

I have the Inspire 4G as well and if I used it, I would have put Launcher Pro on it.