- 31 Posts
Hey all. After constant crashes and finally shattering my screen on my iPhone 3gs, I decided to upgrade to this phone. I am really impressed so far. It was going to cost 100 bucks to fix my screen and I knew I had an upgrade coming up. It was not until the 23rd but after talking to an att csm I was able to upgrade now, for 100 bucks.
I went for it. The guy at the store gave me a 35 dollar case and a car charger. No extra charge.
But I am ultra impressed with this bad boy. Even tapatalk is better on the inspire than the 3gs.
Any tips or tricks I should know about?
- 07-02-2011, 03:28 PM #2
- 07-02-2011, 05:17 PM #3
- 07-02-2011, 06:49 PM #4
- 174 Posts
1) gtalk: If you are a gtalk user, make sure you setup with the gmail account that is most useful. I have four gmails and just happened to get lucky that I set it up using one that I gtalk with the most. Known issue that you can only run the gtalk app through one gmail acct.
2) News app: The same work gmail that saved me on gtalk rendered my news app broken and useless.
3) Get swype on your phone asap. (see sideload thread)
4) Love the htc calendar widget, but there are issues with getting it to properly reflect birthdates embedded within gmail accounts. Facebook seems to sync up ok though.
5) Bloatware: Att navigator is a piece of junk--use the google navigator. useless apps like that should just be uninstallable.
6) Beware htc's punishment of hairy faces: The front top speaker appears to crave the beard of men who used to wear their cell phone in a belt clip.
7) That little round spec in the upper right next to the hair-trimming speaker is not a secret camera used by disguised reptilians who control our planet to monitor our every motion (heh heh, monitor). It is the proximity sensor and if you turn the phone face down while it is ringing it will silence the ring.
- 07-02-2011, 11:08 PM #6
- 13 Posts
Root using this: (ALL NEW AGAIN ON 04-29-2011) HTC Inspire/DHD Hack Kit V11 - xda-developers . It is slick 1, 2, 3, process.
I have and I will never go back to stock. HTC Sense sucks.
You made the best decision in getting this phone.
- 07-02-2011, 11:49 PM #7
- 07-03-2011, 02:31 PM #8
- 07-03-2011, 06:59 PM #9
- 174 Posts
- 07-03-2011, 08:04 PM #10