Am I Missing Something Here.....

durtNdubs

Aug 31, 2013
Visit site
I can't seem to figure out how to read a long text on the stock messaging app. It cuts it off sometimes and I miss a lot of the text. What am I missing? How do I view the whole thing?

Posted via Android Central App

bgask1717

Jul 29, 2011
Visit site
I have noticed it as well. It does the whole "..." thing. I have not looked into how to view the whole message as I had to switch to Textra once I found out the stock messaging app doesn't handle group texts correctly.

Sorry I'm not much help.

EDIT: I just went and looked at a conversation thread from yesterday that was cutting off the message and it now appears to be showing all of it. Quick little tip I found is that you can re-size the message bubbles by doing a pinch to zoom type action while on the actual conversation thread. Hope that helps.

durtNdubs

Aug 31, 2013
Visit site
That's perfect. Thanks for the help! I guess if it still isn't up to my liking I'll just go back to Handcent. Thanks again!

Posted via Android Central App

MrBungle999

Aug 3, 2013
Visit site
I have no clue what you mean about the text cutting off. I have some long texts and it shows it all but thanks about that pinch to enlarge bubble thing. I never knew that

Sent from my LG-D800 using AC Forums mobile app