Cant decide between the G2 and the note 3

Sniper1087

Jan 13, 2011
Visit site
Well I figured I come here for some insight, on why should I choose one or the other. What are the pros and cons thanks in advanced

benhmadison

Mar 30, 2011
Visit site
Not sure why you got no responses but I'll give input.

I've not used either one of these devices other than playing with demos.

I would go with the g2 mainly due to it being smaller and having onscreen buttons.

To me the n3 is more of a specialty device that is great for stuff like the s-pen but are they features you will use?

You can't go wrong with either device, just get some more time with the demo units if you can and let that help you decide.

Sent from my White Moto X

Sniper1087

Jan 13, 2011
Visit site
Not sure why you got no responses but I'll give input.

I've not used either one of these devices other than playing with demos.

I would go with the g2 mainly due to it being smaller and having onscreen buttons.

To me the n3 is more of a specialty device that is great for stuff like the s-pen but are they features you will use?

You can't go wrong with either device, just get some more time with the demo units if you can and let that help you decide.

I see, I was still wondering if the Note 3 might be too big for my taste, 5 inch is kind of like a sweet spot usually, but the G2 cut bezels making 5.2 seem the same size as the other high end devices,not a huge fan of the glossy plastic because it tends to scratch easy though, definitely need to test them more I guess.

I noticed you have the moto X and got a couple of questions, how is the battery life? performance? display? camera? and do the features always work? just curious as I guess a third possibility together with the nexus 5 (or new nexus 4) of course.

dhughes

Mar 25, 2010
Visit site
I would go to the store and play with both of them if you can. I now have an LG G2 and I love it. I used to have a GS3. The note 3 looks very amazing, I just felt that the size of that device for me is to large, and also I dont see my self ever using the S-Pen. Overall they are both amazing phones, and have similar specs. The note 3 has more RAM, but at this point in time 2gb vs 3gb is not a major issue. The note 3 has support for SD cards if that is something that you would need later on.

Haalcyon

Banned
Jul 19, 2013
Visit site
I just went through this yesterday, but threw the G Pro in the Frey as well. They're all nice phones but the awesomeness of the Note 3 is just a bit too much to overlook. If the size is welcome to I'd recommend the Note 3. ...and the S-Pen just ups the versatility factor.

from my Sony XTZ via Tapatalk IV

benleclair

Apr 17, 2011
Visit site
I have both, trying to decide which to keep but G2 is winning so far... Small bezel makes the screen feel big enough for me and I think the camera is much better than the Note 3. I had the Note 2 but mostly bought it for screen size and didn't use stylus too much.

26Two

Sep 13, 2013
Visit site
I was torn between the two, but in the end went with the G2 because of size. it's big enough, and the N3 was just too big. I love the G2.

sal the wop

Oct 11, 2012
Visit site
Played with both. You can't go wrong with either. I ordered the N3 though because of size, removable storage, and spen. But even as I write this, I can't help but second guess my decision..... lol!!!

Sent from my SCH-I535 using AC Forums mobile app

qnet

Jan 21, 2011
Visit site
I have the Moto X and love it, but as a tech junkie I have looked at both phones. I'm getting the G2 but it wasn't an easy choice. I played with both phones several times at the At&t store.

The tipping point for me was it's easier for me to switch back and forth between the G2 and Moto X. The Moto X has a nano sim, but it's easy to use a adapter for this sim in the G2 because of the way the sim tray is designed. The Note 3 sim tray is just like the other Galaxy phones and it can be difficult to use a adapter if your not careful. I've damaged a S3 trying to use a adapter and had to replace the Sim/SD tray. Every phone I've used with a side-loading sim tray have worked well with nano sim adapters ( HTC One, Nexus 4 and Oppo Find 5).

I also like the design of the G2 a little better and some of the software features.

dsx968

Oct 17, 2010
Visit site
I only got to check out the dummy versions of each. I am trying to make the same decision. The LG is the same size as my S3 overall but with more screen and when compared side by side the note is ginormous. I'm not sure I want to carry that around in my pocket.
I also don't know if I would use all of the features that make the note special.
Plus the note isn't tri-band LTE on sprint, whereas the LG is.
I'm really leaning towards the LG now but i still want to get hands on with them first.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using AC Forums mobile app

Haalcyon

Banned
Jul 19, 2013
Visit site
I only got to check out the dummy versions of each. I am trying to make the same decision. The LG is the same size as my S3 overall but with more screen and when compared side by side the note is ginormous. I'm not sure I want to carry that around in my pocket.
I also don't know if I would use all of the features that make the note special.
Plus the note isn't tri-band LTE on sprint, whereas the LG is.
I'm really leaning towards the LG now but i still want to get hands on with them first.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using AC Forums mobile app

I went with the Note 3 and Galaxy Gear. I love the Note 3 and the Gear is a somewhat useful toy.

Note 8.0

ZiggSVO

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
You need to ask yourself if you would use the s pen and all its features. That would be the deciding factor for me. I went with the G2 and love every single minute using this thing. My wife ahs the note 3 as she was coming from the note 2. I was actually contemplating getting the note 3 as well but didnt see myself using the s pen a lot if any at all so I went with the G2 and don't regret it at all. Oh and this is coming from one of a biggest phone whores there is...ask my wife lol. I also would throw in that I had the Moto X for about a day and a half before getting the G2 lol. Havent looked back

benhmadison

Mar 30, 2011
Visit site
I see, I was still wondering if the Note 3 might be too big for my taste, 5 inch is kind of like a sweet spot usually, but the G2 cut bezels making 5.2 seem the same size as the other high end devices,not a huge fan of the glossy plastic because it tends to scratch easy though, definitely need to test them more I guess.

I noticed you have the moto X and got a couple of questions, how is the battery life? performance? display? camera? and do the features always work? just curious as I guess a third possibility together with the nexus 5 (or new nexus 4) of course.

Sorry for the delayed response.
Battery life is better than my friends note 3. Performance is top notch on the x as well. The features always work and they are all useful. No extra crap to turn off just to enjoy the phone.

If I were you I'd take a look at the x if you haven't already decided.

ZiggSVO

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
Sorry for the delayed response.
Battery life is better than my friends note 3. Performance is top notch on the x as well. The features always work and they are all useful. No extra crap to turn off just to enjoy the phone.

If I were you I'd take a look at the x if you haven't already decided.

I enjoyed the X for the day and a half I had it but it didnt have anything new to it really other than the active notifications. Nothing to be like
"Wow" lol
I mean if you cant wait for the nexus 5
get the moto x
but if you want more than vanilla android I would skip the X. As close as it gets to vanilla android without being vanilla

jaj324

Banned
Aug 20, 2013
Visit site
I've had a black Note 3 since last Saturday. I really like the Note but I'm thinking about trading it in for a WHITE G2 before my 14 days are up. The reason I'm considering this is the same reason why the G2 was my original choice, before I saw the Note 3 at my at&t store. I DO NOT like the buttons on the Samsung. The power and volume buttons are ok but I don't understand why Samsung insists on using that stupid clicky, old school, iphone style home button!!! On the G2 you pretty much have a buttonless experience. You know, the way a touchscreen device in 2013 should be.

You're probably wondering why I went with the Note 3.....the screen, the 3 gigs of RAM, the leathery back. That's pretty much it. I don't like the buttons, don't use the pen and that shiny chrome thing around the edge of the device is cheap plastic and a piece of the chrome already flaked off of it in less than a week!!

jaj324

Banned
Aug 20, 2013
Visit site
I've had a black Note 3 since last Saturday. I really like the Note but I'm thinking about trading it in for a WHITE G2 before my 14 days are up. The reason I'm considering this is the same reason why the G2 was my original choice, before I saw the Note 3 at my at&t store. I DO NOT like the buttons on the Samsung. The power and volume buttons are ok but I don't understand why Samsung insists on using that stupid clicky, old school, iphone style home button!!! On the G2 you pretty much have a buttonless experience. You know, the way a touchscreen device in 2013 should be.

You're probably wondering why I went with the Note 3.....the screen, the 3 gigs of RAM, the leathery back. That's pretty much it. I don't like the buttons, don't use the pen and that shiny chrome thing around the edge of the device is cheap plastic and a piece of the chrome already flaked off of it in less than a week!!

I did it. Ordered a white LG G2 at my at&t store. It will be here next week so it looks like I have a loaner Note 3 to play with all weekend.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance