G2 vs G Pro Comparison - Looking for opinions

mase123987

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site
So I have owned the Optimus G Pro before and thinking about getting it again. I decided to also take a look at the G2 since I was impressed with LG's G Pro. Here is what my thoughts are when comparing:
G2 differences
-Smaller foot print
-Smaller screen, same resolution
-On screen, changeable navigation buttons
-Fast processor
-Volume/Power buttons on back

Optimus G Pro differences
-Bigger screen
-Bigger foot print
-Bigger battery
-SD card slot
-Wireless Charging
-IR Blaster
-Slower processor (still very good)
-Capacative/Physical navigational buttons

Are these all of the main differences? Am I missing anything? One other thing: Does the G2 notification light change colors or does it only use one color?

mysidx

Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
The G2 battery isn't much smaller.
The G2 also has an IR blaster.
G2 has new Software enhancements

Sent from my HTC One using AC Forums mobile app

DruHill

May 22, 2010
Visit site
I came from an OG Pro and if I were faced with the same situation, I would make the same choice many times over...the G2. The OG Pro was a good phablet, I enjoyed it slightly more than the Note 2 it replaced. I thought the screen was amazing, it took good enough pictures and more manageable with one-handed operation than the GN2.

When the G2 was announced, I wasn't very interested in the beginning as the OG Pro was/is a solid device. After reading the specs and reviews, I decided to give it a try and I'm happy to say I don't regret the decision one bit. The display is one of the best I've had in a phone, battery life is the best I've had in a phone or phablet (GN2 held the crown previously), the rear buttons and Knock On feature are ingenious. The front of the phone is practically all screen with minimum bezel. I thought I wouldn't like the on screen buttons, but it didn't take long for me to change my stance on that issue. I'll go as far to say I prefer it over the hardware capacitive/physical buttons. Pictures are clear and crisp, again, among the best I've seen from a smartphone. This phone is a win-win in my book and agree with reviewers when they call it the best phone on the market right now.

BTW, the led notification is RGB so you can customize it with the built in settings as with the OG Pro.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pierre5463