AT&T Closing out G2's?

orange-man

Jun 15, 2010
Visit site
I was looking to buy this phone and noticed that the G2 is listed as out of stock in 100% of the AT&T stores in my area. I plugged in random zip codes and they all say "out of stock". I called my local store and they said they actually did have the phone in stock but that they will be returning them to LG soon as they just aren't moving for them. Can this be possible? User reviews are really strong and this phone was just released. It makes no sense. I'm wondering if this is the truth or if I just go a mis-informed person.

NEMESIS_RGZ

Oct 14, 2013
Visit site
I was looking to buy this phone and noticed that the G2 is listed as out of stock in 100% of the AT&T stores in my area. I plugged in random zip codes and they all say "out of stock". I called my local store and they said they actually did have the phone in stock but that they will be returning them to LG soon as they just aren't moving for them. Can this be possible? User reviews are really strong and this phone was just released. It makes no sense. I'm wondering if this is the truth or if I just go a mis-informed person.

This is probably the result of the alterations AT&T did to OS on their version of the G2 (ie: Carrier IQ, etc). Since day one, the AT&T version of the G2 has been plagued with issues causing severe battery discharge and other problems. None of the other carrier version have reported any similar issues to the AT&T G2. I do know that my local AT&T stores have had lots of complaints and exchanges on the G2. Most resulted in returns and/or exchanges to other devices. End result is AT&T takes a hit every time this happens. Alas, AT&T has no one to blame but themselves. AT&T is the one who bombarded the OS with their software including third-party ones, without fully field testing the phones. I still am using my AT&T G2 as there are some work arounds for the issues but they aren't permanent. Hope this helps you out.

Sent from my LG-D800 using AC Forums mobile app

digitard

Jul 31, 2013
Visit site
Very possible.

My ATT branded G2 is running amazing, but I admit I rooted, loaded a custom ROM and froze CIQ (as well as use Greenify).

rdubmu

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
Very possible.

My ATT branded G2 is running amazing, but I admit I rooted, loaded a custom ROM and froze CIQ (as well as use Greenify).

I think T-Mobile might be selling a ton of them. When I got mine, the sales person suggested it to me. I like it a lot.

Sent from my LG-D801 using AC Forums mobile app

orange-man

Jun 15, 2010
Visit site
This is probably the result of the alterations AT&T did to OS on their version of the G2 (ie: Carrier IQ, etc). Since day one, the AT&T version of the G2 has been plagued with issues causing severe battery discharge and other problems. None of the other carrier version have reported any similar issues to the AT&T G2. I do know that my local AT&T stores have had lots of complaints and exchanges on the G2. Most resulted in returns and/or exchanges to other devices. End result is AT&T takes a hit every time this happens. Alas, AT&T has no one to blame but themselves. AT&T is the one who bombarded the OS with their software including third-party ones, without fully field testing the phones. I still am using my AT&T G2 as there are some work arounds for the issues but they aren't permanent. Hope this helps you out.

Thanks for the information which is very interesting and I didn't realize. It does sound like AT&T is to blame. I am so intrigued by this phone that I picked it up anyway to give it a test run. I wonder if LG and AT&T could have done some type of update rather than pulling it from the shelves.

bwhick7492

Jul 30, 2012
Visit site
Well I hope this is not true. This has been the best phone I have ever owned and I want it to be supported.

bwhick7492

Jul 30, 2012
Visit site
Okay I just spoke with AT&T and they assured me that they were still seeking the device and had no plans to stop doing so in the near future. One of us got lied to I just hope it was not me because I love this phone.

orange-man

Jun 15, 2010
Visit site
Okay I just spoke with AT&T and they assured me that they were still seeking the device and had no plans to stop doing so in the near future. One of us got lied to I just hope it was not me because I love this phone.

Agreed on all counts. Still, I keep wondering why it shows out of stock at every store nationwide, maybe just a website glitch.

OhAlfie

Sep 30, 2012
Visit site
Considering how many TV ad's I've seen in the last month for the G2, I doubt they are closing these phones out just yet.

tsells

Jul 8, 2012
Visit site
Even though all stores show out of stock (when you check on-line), my local ATT store had one (white only), and Best Buy had some inventory.
But I ended up ordering online from ATT with no problem (got the early upgrade fee waived).

Last edited:

MrBungle999

Aug 3, 2013
Visit site
I have not seen it on the shelves at my local stores and my wife said they didn't have it at the Manhattan store she was at. she was replacing business phones for her work and I joking said to get g2. she asked employee they simply said they don't carry it

OhAlfie

Sep 30, 2012
Visit site
I'm just talking about at&t stores.

I guess the trick to posting is be a TAD more detailed vs. generic.

I have not seen it on the shelves at my local stores and my wife said they didn't have it at the Manhattan store she was at.

To me your post could mean any store. Not all phones are sold at AT&T stores. :)

rdubmu

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
I guess the trick to posting is be a TAD more detailed vs. generic.

To me your post could mean any store. Not all phones are sold at AT&T stores. :)

They Don't have it in a few Seattle Area stores

Sent from my LG-D801 using AC Forums mobile app

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance