Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree7Likes
    Banned

Global Posts
    856 Global Posts

Default Re: AT&T Closing out G2's?

Quote Originally Posted by pblakk View Post
    They're just not flying off the shelves like the Samsung phones. They gotta do something. They followed Verizon's lead I guess. Look at how long Verizon has had the DNA. It was 199, then 149, then went free for a week in the Summer, now it's back up to 199.

Sent from my LG-D800 using AC Forums mobile app
    I will never buy another at&t phone until the price drops. AT&T did give me a $25 credit though.

Sent from my Nexus 7 (2013)

Quote Originally Posted by jaj324 View Post
    I will never buy another at&t phone until the price drops. AT&T did give me a $25 credit though.

For what?

Banned

Global Posts
    856 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by pblakk View Post
    For what?

I paid 199, a few weeks later they dropped the price to 149. They split the difference with me.

Is it my imagination or are they $99 on the at&t Web Site now?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Android Central Forums
    Thanked by:
    tsells 
    Banned

Global Posts
    856 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by adanick2 View Post

Probably

Quote Originally Posted by adanick2 View Post

Thanks for pointing that out. It is definitely $99 on line. I just called AT&T and I received a $50 credit.
    phxpaul likes this.
    Banned

Global Posts
    856 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by tsells View Post
    Thanks for pointing that out. It is definitely $99 on line. I just called AT&T and I received a $50 credit.
    I'll be calling tomorrow morning. I've been a customer since 1996, they always take care of me.

why do I feel stupid for buying this phone? paid 199 now it looks like it's gonna be in the free phone bin soon. It's too bad I sold the gs4 even though this phone is much better. there's going to be no updates or support for g2 it looks like. this will probably be my last lg

This is AT&T's droid MAXX. The battery life is amazing. They should be advertising it better.

Posted via Android Central App using an LG G2.

Quote Originally Posted by MrBungle999 View Post
    why do I feel stupid for buying this phone? paid 199 now it looks like it's gonna be in the free phone bin soon. It's too bad I sold the gs4 even though this phone is much better. there's going to be no updates or support for g2 it looks like. this will probably be my last lg
    I think it's too early to say whether we will get timely updates or not. I continue to see LG commercials for the phone, so hopefully we will at least get Android 4.4.
    This phone is the best kept "secret" in the business, as it does everything as good or better than Samsung's S4. At $99 people should really jump on this great value.
    FYI, the AT&T rep in the store said that they have sold the G2 pretty well. They had it displayed in the middle of the store and the sales rep told me that he's been recommending it as "it's one of the highest rated phones".

I
    Quote Originally Posted by MrBungle999 View Post

What are you talking about. Most phones will be in the "free phone bin" someday. This phone is only not being pushed by AT&T. While tmobile, sprint, and Verizon advertise it as flagship and one of the best phones on the market.

This is a great phone even if the price has dropped. Sometimes if you sell more of something, the price drops because they can order in bulk. If AT&T is selling a lot of then, maybe they made a deal with LG to get them at a discount

Sent from my LG-D801 using AC Forums mobile app
    Last edited by rdubmu; 11-10-2013 at 10:09 PM.

Lol. ok ok. I love this phone. I'm just in a grumpy mood. I would never trade this back for the s4 I had

Banned

Global Posts
    856 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by rdubmu View Post
    What are you talking about. Most phones will be in the "free phone bin" someday. This phone is only not being pushed by AT&T. While tmobile, sprint, and Verizon advertise it as flagship and one of the best phones on the market.

This is a great phone even if the price has dropped. Sometimes if you sell more of something, the price drops because they can order in bulk. If AT&T is selling a lot of then, maybe they made a deal with LG to get them at a

Sent from my LG-D801 using AC Forums mobile app
    I agree, the phone is fantastic. AT&T is ignoring it because it's not an Apple or Samsung.

I'm not sweating it. I paid 174.99 and I'm very happy with my white G2. There is not another phone currently on the market that I would rather have.

As for updates, it will get 4.4, probably not much after that.

pblakk likes this.

here's another thread where someone could not find a g2 in any att stores.
    should I stay away?

Banned

Global Posts
    856 Global Posts

AT&T rocks!! They gave me another $75 credit so now I paid 99 for my white G2!!
    Last edited by jaj324; 11-12-2013 at 02:47 PM.
    tsells likes this.

Att wireless site won't sell it off contract anymore. They did last week.

Found a white G2 for $99. Same price as moto x.

I don't think it's closing out. Part of me think it's selling fine. I got mine this Thursday for $100 and got the LG Tone+ for $35. It might because of that great deal. It didn't show in stock anywhere online, but in store they had plenty. They had a black and white model in the AT&T store to look at that I went to. Maybe certain areas AT&T knows the phone will sell while other areas it won't so they don't carry much stock or at all.

Quote Originally Posted by tsells View Post
    Even though all stores show out of stock (when you check on-line), my local ATT store had one (white only), and Best Buy had some inventory.
    But I ended up ordering online from ATT with no problem (got the early upgrade fee waived).
    How did you do that? I'm still over a year away from my upgrade?

Quote Originally Posted by Shawn Magm View Post
    How did you do that? I'm still over a year away from my upgrade?
    I called AT&T and waited to speak to someone. I've been with AT&T for a long time and just asked if they would give me an "early upgrade". (I wasn't due for an upgrade until middle February.) She said that she would have to check with her supervisor. After being on hold for about 5 minutes she came back to me and said it was approved. I ordered the phone from her for $149 (and renewed my 2 year contract), had it shipped to my house, and brought it to the AT&T for them to activate.
    And then when I read on AC that the price dropped to $99 (6 days later), I called back AT&T and said that I saw a price drop and asked for a credit. They then issued a $50 credit to my account!

Displayed prominently in AT&T Insider magazine. I doubt they would do that if they were not going to continue to carry it.

Posted via Android Central App using an LG G2.

Does anyone has any additional information on the G2? I am still in the 14 day "Buyer's Remorse" period. I had to switch carriers, had the phone with T-Mobile for 10 days and due to coverage had to switch to AT&T. Now having battery issues I did not have with the AT&T version. I just switched the phone out and saw it is being offered for $50 bucks after I just paid $149.00. Sounds like the price of a discontinued phone?

- - - Updated - - -

Sorry, meant did not have battery issues with the T-Mobile version, but now having with the AT&T

Quote Originally Posted by khnoah02 View Post
    Does anyone has any additional information on the G2? I am still in the 14 day "Buyer's Remorse" period. I had to switch carriers, had the phone with T-Mobile for 10 days and due to coverage had to switch to AT&T. Now having battery issues I did not have with the AT&T version. I just switched the phone out and saw it is being offered for $50 bucks after I just paid $149.00. Sounds like the price of a discontinued phone?

- - - Updated - - -

Sorry, meant did not have battery issues with the T-Mobile version, but now having with the AT&T
    Yeah. I kind of have the feeling att is dumping this.

Where are they advertising $49 for the G2? On their site? I just got the G2 a few days ago for $99 upgrade... could use the credit

As far as my few days with the G2... very happy with the phone! I was using a Nexus 4 the last year and happy with it, was going to N5 but not happy with the choice of battery in it and the reviews of marginally better battery life than the N4... which after a year did not really care for. I've only had to charge the phone twice... A day and a half with the first charge and that included a lot of configuration and coming up on two days with moderate to light use... that's with a 800 processor and a 5.2" screen! Very impressed.

When I get a new phone and learning my way around, I usually like to factory reset afterwards and start configuring my phone... maybe resetting the phone and just getting a clean start would be a good baseline for you.

also maybe depends how good your signal is so that the radio doesnt have to work as hard? I get good LTE service at home with about 10+Mbps and at work I get about 30-40+Mbps average.

Quote Originally Posted by khnoah02 View Post

- - - Updated - - -

$49.99 on the att website. Quite the piece of kit for that price.
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast