AT&T Closing out G2's?

MrBungle999

Aug 3, 2013
Visit site
I guess the trick to posting is be a TAD more detailed vs. generic.

To me your post could mean any store. Not all phones are sold at AT&T stores. :)

Yeah sorry about that. it is odd though, I am seeing so many commercials about it and att is just not pushing it or even displaying it

Sent from my LG-D800 using AC Forums mobile app

tsells

Jul 8, 2012
Visit site
Yeah sorry about that. it is odd though, I am seeing so many commercials about it and att is just not pushing it or even displaying it

Just got this phone on-line from AT&T. All I can say is that this is a great device. And the battery is a "beast"! While traveling with (no wifi) I took the phone off the charger at 5:30 AM, and I still had 40% left at 11 PM. There's no way my old S3 would have been that high with medium to heavy use.

Last edited:

jaj324

Banned
Aug 20, 2013
Visit site

I wanted white so I had to order it from the at&t website. It was online only!! 2 weeks after I bought it they dropped the price to $149!

Sent from my Nexus 7 (2013)

jaj324

Banned
Aug 20, 2013
Visit site
Just got this phone on-line from AT&T. All I can say is that this is a great device. And the battery is a "beast"! While traveling with (no wifi) I took the phone off the charger at 5:30 AM, and I still had 40% left at 11 PM. There's no way my old S3 would have been that high with medium to heavy use.

I got 25hrs on 27% of the battery with light use a few weeks ago.

pblakk

Aug 25, 2012
Visit site
They're just not flying off the shelves like the Samsung phones. They gotta do something. They followed Verizon's lead I guess. Look at how long Verizon has had the DNA. It was 199, then 149, then went free for a week in the Summer, now it's back up to 199.

jaj324

Banned
Aug 20, 2013
Visit site
They're just not flying off the shelves like the Samsung phones. They gotta do something. They followed Verizon's lead I guess. Look at how long Verizon has had the DNA. It was 199, then 149, then went free for a week in the Summer, now it's back up to 199.

I will never buy another at&t phone until the price drops. AT&T did give me a $25 credit though.

jaj324

Banned
Aug 20, 2013
Visit site
Thanks for pointing that out. It is definitely $99 on line. I just called AT&T and I received a $50 credit. :D

I'll be calling tomorrow morning. I've been a customer since 1996, they always take care of me.

MrBungle999

Aug 3, 2013
Visit site
why do I feel stupid for buying this phone? paid 199 now it looks like it's gonna be in the free phone bin soon. It's too bad I sold the gs4 even though this phone is much better. there's going to be no updates or support for g2 it looks like. this will probably be my last lg

tsells

Jul 8, 2012
Visit site
why do I feel stupid for buying this phone? paid 199 now it looks like it's gonna be in the free phone bin soon. It's too bad I sold the gs4 even though this phone is much better. there's going to be no updates or support for g2 it looks like. this will probably be my last lg

I think it's too early to say whether we will get timely updates or not. I continue to see LG commercials for the phone, so hopefully we will at least get Android 4.4.
This phone is the best kept "secret" in the business, as it does everything as good or better than Samsung's S4. At $99 people should really jump on this great value.
FYI, the AT&T rep in the store said that they have sold the G2 pretty well. They had it displayed in the middle of the store and the sales rep told me that he's been recommending it as "it's one of the highest rated phones".

rdubmu

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
I

What are you talking about. Most phones will be in the "free phone bin" someday. This phone is only not being pushed by AT&T. While tmobile, sprint, and Verizon advertise it as flagship and one of the best phones on the market.

This is a great phone even if the price has dropped. Sometimes if you sell more of something, the price drops because they can order in bulk. If AT&T is selling a lot of then, maybe they made a deal with LG to get them at a discount

Sent from my LG-D801 using AC Forums mobile app

Last edited:

MrBungle999

Aug 3, 2013
Visit site
Lol. ok ok. I love this phone. I'm just in a grumpy mood. I would never trade this back for the s4 I had

jaj324

Banned
Aug 20, 2013
Visit site
What are you talking about. Most phones will be in the "free phone bin" someday. This phone is only not being pushed by AT&T. While tmobile, sprint, and Verizon advertise it as flagship and one of the best phones on the market.

This is a great phone even if the price has dropped. Sometimes if you sell more of something, the price drops because they can order in bulk. If AT&T is selling a lot of then, maybe they made a deal with LG to get them at a

Sent from my LG-D801 using AC Forums mobile app

I agree, the phone is fantastic. AT&T is ignoring it because it's not an Apple or Samsung.

I'm not sweating it. I paid 174.99 and I'm very happy with my white G2. There is not another phone currently on the market that I would rather have.

As for updates, it will get 4.4, probably not much after that.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance