should I stay away?

rdubmu

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
How do u disable carrier IQ?

The only thing I hate is the keyboards on Android. Autocorrect sucks is the worst. I miss Windows Phone keyboard and Autocorrect. Everything else I like about the device

Sent from my LG-D801 using AC Forums mobile app

heading4tomorrow

May 21, 2013
Visit site
Settings>Apps>All>Android System>Force Stop>Scroll down to IQ Services>Disable
(It will come back after a rebott, so you'll have to do this again.)

I remember someone was renaming some files, but was having errors everytime they booted, but it was easier than having to disable manually.
Maybe it worked on rooted devices.. oh well, have you compared performance/battery/data usage difference with and without CiQ?

tsells

Jul 8, 2012
Visit site
I remember someone was renaming some files, but was having errors everytime they booted, but it was easier than having to disable manually.
Maybe it worked on rooted devices.. oh well, have you compared performance/battery/data usage difference with and without CiQ?

I was having some minor battery issues (6% use per hour) and I stopped Carrier IQ and also stopped GPS and WiFi. The battery use improved a whole bunch so I have left Carrier IQ stopped and GPS off. I have since turned WiFi back on and the battery life is amazing!!!

pblakk

Aug 25, 2012
Visit site
How do u disable carrier IQ?

The only thing I hate is the keyboards on Android. Autocorrect sucks is the worst. I miss Windows Phone keyboard and Autocorrect. Everything else I like about the device

Sent from my LG-D801 using AC Forums mobile app

I recommend you try SwiftKey, Google keyboard, or Swype, you can get all these on the Google Play Store

Sent from my LG-D800 using AC Forums mobile app

Euan Tan

Feb 7, 2013
Visit site
Honestly, All phones have issues... Some are isolated issues where <10% are effected. If you check out every phone section in here, there is always a thread that says "(Phone name here) (specific hardware/software here) issues" As of Running out of the box, my LG G2 ran well. (tmobile version though) The battery lasted a day with around 40% juice (moderate-almost heavy user) Charging time is quick. No Lags except for certain apps that lag on all phones when opening. Camera isn't really great with moving objects but still objects come out fantastic. Call Quality is great. LG UI is okay but for me I changed it to a Nova Launcher because i prefer a stock android look (just preferences, no need for you to change it) After a week, I rooted mine since i want more control over my phone(you dont have to) and your G2 will perform incredible.

techie5

Nov 26, 2013
Visit site
Where?
to those with G2, did you get a screen protector? People complained it doesn't fit properly due to curved glass and since there is no "Frame" to hold it in place, unless you go with $25 screen protector and willing to spray your device with mystery liquid.

Is this true can we not get a screen protector to stay on this?

heading4tomorrow

May 21, 2013
Visit site
Not anymore, I didn't care what those people said so I just went with Oblique Crystal screen protector and it stays on perfectly, because it is not cut exact, just a tad bit small, but when you have a screen protector and case it works very well, you barely see the screen protector, so don't worry, I tested it myself and it works, no need to worry about screen protector anymore. I think those who had that problem either did not apply it correctly or had incorrect size cut.

mpin67

Jun 7, 2013
Visit site
I use the following screen protector and case very satisfied with both. Don't understand the bad reviews on the screen protector but it fits perfect and doesn't even look like it has one on it. I used the same brand for my Nexus 4 with the same results.
Amazon.com: Poetic Invictus Hybrid Case for LG G2 (All Carriers Except Verizon) White/Gray (3 Year Manufacturer Warranty From Poetic): Cell Phones & Accessories
Amazon.com: SPIGEN LG G2 Screen Protector Clear [Ultra Crystal] Premium High Definition (HD) Screen Protector Shield for LG G2 AT&T Verizon T-Mobile Sprint International: Cell Phones & Accessories

donm527#IM

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
Not true. I have supershieldz and fits just fine.
I really dont see how people would say the glass is curved... maybe just a tad rounded at the edges.
but not compared to my nexus 4... i found finding a good sealing protector tougher on that phone than this one.

heading4tomorrow

May 21, 2013
Visit site
I use the following screen protector and case very satisfied with both. Don't understand the bad reviews on the screen protector but it fits perfect and doesn't even look like it has one on it. I used the same brand for my Nexus 4 with the same results.
Amazon.com: Poetic Invictus Hybrid Case for LG G2 (All Carriers Except Verizon) White/Gray (3 Year Manufacturer Warranty From Poetic): Cell Phones & Accessories
Amazon.com: SPIGEN LG G2 Screen Protector Clear [Ultra Crystal] Premium High Definition (HD) Screen Protector Shield for LG G2 AT&T Verizon T-Mobile Sprint International: Cell Phones & Accessories

I was going to get the poetic but didn't like the added depth.
Heck, even the diztronic case feels like It's hiding this beautiful near 0 bezel.

Wish we all could keep it naked th day it's meant to be.

Sent from my LG-D800

moosc

Grand Master Moosc
Oct 20, 2009
Visit site
Really to many bugs geeze ok if u say so. I've had my G2 since launch I rooted only so I can run ad blocker, bugs no bugs. But if really if your looking for a solid phone built tough super easy to use with pretty colorful squares no widgets I would go with apples newest iPhone 5s. That'll be your best bug free experience device u need.
May as well be talking chinese honestly. This is why I don't want to root. Im a contractor not a tech guy. It seems like there are too many bugs at this point. I have made the decision to look elsewhere. Ashame really like the phone.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk

Sent from Bad Azz VZW LG G2 Cyan Tapatalk

moosc

Grand Master Moosc
Oct 20, 2009
Visit site
Here's the deal about screen protector on a G2 since there is no bezel when install protector and a case the will rub up against the edges the protector causing it to lift slightly. Spegal and some quality screen makers fixed it by not making there protectors go all the way to edge. But by doing that some customers are whining about it not going all the way to the edge. Some times u can't win.
Where?
Share with us.
Question to those with G2, did you get a screen protector? People complained it doesn't fit properly due to curved glass and since there is no "Frame" to hold it in place, unless you go with $25 screen protector and willing to spray your device with mystery liquid.

heading4tomorrow

May 21, 2013
Visit site
Here's the deal about screen protector on a G2 since there is no bezel when install protector and a case the will rub up against the edges the protector causing it to lift slightly. Spegal and some quality screen makers fixed it by not making there protectors go all the way to edge. But by doing that some customers are whining about it not going all the way to the edge. Some times u can't win.

I mentioned in few threads.
Oblique clear works well does not come off and fits great with Diztronic case. You can barely see the protector.

Sent from my LG-D800

donm527#IM

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
I'm using a poetic palette and love it... very minimum protection for the back but i've used similar on my nexus 4 and am pretty good with my phones so it works for me. for me when locked into the phone it gives it a very solid dense feel and no problems with the supershieldz with it.

I was going to get the poetic but didn't like the added depth.
Heck, even the diztronic case feels like It's hiding this beautiful near 0 bezel.

Wish we all could keep it naked th day it's meant to be.

Sent from my LG-D800

donm527#IM

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
it's not something that's just unique with the g2. that will happen with most phones you buy depending on the type of case... just have to be careful and make sure the overlap on the lip goes over the edge of the screen protector and you're ok. we deploy iphones with otterboxes and that's the way it is with those too.

tutor772

Aug 5, 2012
Visit site
Interesting, they got quite a few neg feedback especially about not staying on the phone. This was not an issue for you? What carry version do you have?
Thanks
I've only had the phone for a month, and I'm not a heavy user. But I haven't had any of the problems others have noted. The first and only shield I installed is still on the phone, it installed easily, and you can hardly tell that it's there. I have the AT&T version of the phone.