1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default G2 Bluetooth Audio Problem

Howdy,
    I just got an AT&T LG G2 this week and I was loving it till I paired it with my car (2014 Subaru Outback)... Bluetooth pairs no problem but only the google music app works. Pandora, Audible, and google turn by turn apps will not play through the bluetooth connection. Any one else having this issue? It seems as if the it cuts of the audio after the music app stops playing. I can get sound for 2 secs after I pause but then nothing. I tried disabling the google music app and the LG music app to see if it was an auto connect issue but neither worked. If I'm on a phone call I can hear the apps in the background. Thoughts?

Thanks

PS I had a Galaxy Note before the G2 and it worked with no problems.

Default Re: G2 Bluetooth Audio Problem

Hi SouthernAg08,

Sorry you are having this issue. This would be the limitation of those apps. You can try contacting the developer of each of those apps to get further information or see if there is more insight they can offer you.

Hope that helps.
    ^CL
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

LG thanks for the reply.... I was afraid of that. So what is different about your bluetooth and samsungs since those same apps worked over bluetooth on my old Note? Still over all loving my G2 btw!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by SouthernAg08 View Post
    Howdy,
    I just got an AT&T LG G2 this week and I was loving it till I paired it with my car (2014 Subaru Outback)... Bluetooth pairs no problem but only the google music app works. Pandora, Audible, and google turn by turn apps will not play through the bluetooth connection. Any one else having this issue? It seems as if the it cuts of the audio after the music app stops playing. I can get sound for 2 secs after I pause but then nothing. I tried disabling the google music app and the LG music app to see if it was an auto connect issue but neither worked. If I'm on a phone call I can hear the apps in the background. Thoughts?

Thanks

So you are not hearing music from anywhere when Pandora is playing and your phone is paired to the vehicle?
    Can you try switching the output to loudspeaker then switching back to bluetooth to see if that will help reset the connection? Also, did you try deleting the pairing and then pair them again?
    Last thing I can suggest is, try this in another vehicle, Since this is a 2014 vehicle, I assume you just got it, stop by the dealer and test it in another vehicle. Good luck, keep us posted!

Quote Originally Posted by LGElectronics View Post
    Hi SouthernAg08,

Sorry you are having this issue. This would be the limitation of those apps. You can try contacting the developer of each of those apps to get further information or see if there is more insight they can offer you.

Hope that helps.
    ^CL
    Is this really LG Electronics representative? It is impressive if you guys are following forums and taking time to respond.

Hey LGElectronics, if I can ask you about another bluetooth audio issue...

Using bluetooth headset, when using headset button it defaults to Google Voice.
    I want LG Voice Mate to be the default. How do I change this??

Hi SouthernAg08,

Hope that helps.
    ^CL
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  

Sadly I tried all those things except pairing with another car... Still nada. Finally gave up and had to use the head phone jack. Thankfully the bluetooth phone will still switch over and work when I get a call without having to unplug.

Hi SouthernAg08,

Hope that helps.
    ^CL
    While troubleshooting a bluetooth issue on my phone, I ran across this "help" response (sorry to thread necro here but man....). Seriously, this is probably the best example of a non-response I have seen in awhile. "A limitation of those apps"?? Are you serious? Did you even bother to read this person's issue? I've NEVER had a smartphone with a bluetooth device that didn't work with other programs that produce sound. Next time a large company tries to grace the internet with their presence, please make it something useful.

Quote Originally Posted by SouthernAg08 View Post
    Howdy,

Thanks

I've used my G2 with four different bluetooth devices so far; a headset, a pair of stereo headphones, a 2013 Honda accord sport (not my car), and a jabra tour hands-free car speakerphone (because my car doesn't have built in Bluetooth lol). I had a similar issue with my jabra once and a few times with the accord. I noticed in Google play music (And in the YouTube app) there is an icon near the top that allows you to change where the audio is being outputted. If you ever used your phone to control a chromecast this is the button you use, and i notice it controls bluetooth when Bluetooth is connected. At one point the music simply stopped playing through anything besides Google play music however a single restart for me did the trick. This happened twice to me and i cannot figure out a cause for the problem. Make sure the icon for audio output appears to be "on" our selected and it should work. Pandora is supported by chromecast so it will have this icon. Can't say i have used Pandora through bluetooth though. For me YouTube, play music and stock music app all work through bluetooth, and so do all the tap/selection noises, gps directions and notification tones. I have a few other music apps that i haven't used over bluetooth yet, ill try them to see if they work through bluetooth or not and update this post.

Sent from my LG-D800 using AC Forums mobile app

Global Posts
    112 Global Posts

Hi SouthernAg08,

Hope that helps.
    ^CL
    Contacting all those companies comes off as self serving.So, are saying that this behavior is with all Android Phones, and not just a G2? Or could it be that some Android phones (G2 included) plundered the BT stack?

Hi u all, I also have these issues. Annoying. All Androids ? I hope not.

Just picked up my G2 from T-Mobile a couple of days ago, and I'm really happy with the phone. However, I have noticed some strange issues with the BT. It seems to pair fine with my Fusion, headset, and wireless speakers. I watch a lot of Hulu, Netflix, Youtube, etc.. and I've noticed that there is a lag in the audio compared to the video. The lips are off sync by almost a half of a second. Now, this is nit-picking at its finest, but I never had an issue with my Sony Xperia Ion... which sounds really odd, but true. I'm not trying to make a big deal out of something so insignificant, but it is slightly annoying. Other than that, I am extremely satisfied with the G2.

lips being off is not nitpicking, it either woks, or it doesn't