HTC One vs LG G2? thinking of switching...

bear_lx

Dec 27, 2010
Visit site
I know we see these threads over and over. But due to the fact that the g2 seems to be an underrated phone, there aren't a lot of comparisons between the two. I also haven't talked to anyone personally who owns a g2. So my question is, is it better than the One in terms of prefrormance, camera, battery? I have an opportunity to trade straight up, which is a pretty good deal, because the g2 is worth a little more, but I love my One. I love the build quality, beats audio, boomsound front speakers, and blinkfeed. Should I trade, if only for the reason of the g2 being worth more? Does the g2 bring anything to the table to out weigh what it lacks in temrs of build?

thanks!

tutor772

Aug 5, 2012
Visit site
I went from a HTC One X to the LG G2. I bought the G2 only 10 days ago. I am not a heavy phone user, so my experience probably isn't typical. Can't really comment on the camera.
With my typical use, however, the One X needed to be recharged every day. I decided to try the G2 because I was so disappointed in the battery life of the One X. If I was doing "heavy" work for me, the battery barely lasted 10 hours. With the G2, I have gone 2-3 days without charging the battery, using it basically the same way I used the One X, which would die in 10 hours. Others have posted that the battery life in the G2 is bad, but there's no comparison for me between the G2 and the One X--the G2 is far superior in battery life. I rooted the phone and uninstalled some AT&T apps, but other than that, I'm running stock.
After I bought the G2, I tried an experiment with the One X. I fully charged the One X, and simply left it on. No SIM card, no WiFi. The battery died after 24 hours. Not very impressive to me.

trivor

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
The One's power button position was a deal killer for me - smaller hands -couldn't reach it with a one handed grip. Got the G2 back in Sept (139.99 - was a good price at the time it was listing for $199.99) and couldn't be happier. The battery life is amazing, I thought 1080P for a 5" screen was just for bragging purposes - I was wrong - it is drop dead gorgeous, with a replacement launcher none of the skins bothers me that much, the cell/data radios are WAY better than my S3, the back buttons are OK (knockon/off doesn't work all that well for me), and I love wireless charging (got Nokia charger from ATT store for $24.50). My wife even notices how much more I love this phone than the S3 (got it at launch as an upgrade from a Dinc 2). The Snapdragon 800 has great power saving features and just flies when you're doing anything on the phone. Highly recommended.

SactoKingsFan

Nov 1, 2013
Visit site
The HTC One is still a very good phone, but the specs of the G2 are on another level. In addition to the specs, the camera, battery life, display and charging time are better on the G2. The main advantages for the HTC One are design, speaker, and maybe Beats Audio. And Beats is really just a preset equalizer, which can be replicated on other phones using various EQ apps. I chose the G2 over the GS4 and HTC One due to specs, screen and battery.

benhmadison

Mar 30, 2011
Visit site
Never owned the g2 but did have the ONE. I say if you can get used to the back buttons the g2 is the better option.

Sent from my Nexus 5

tsells

Jul 8, 2012
Visit site
Never owned the g2 but did have the ONE. I say if you can get used to the back buttons the g2 is the better option.

Sent from my Nexus 5
Everyone makes too big a deal about the back buttons. It takes a few days to get used to it, but it's no big deal at all.
I use the back volume down button to turn on the camera, and occasionally change the volume. But otherwise I don't use them at all.

Just_Some_Nobody

Oct 4, 2011
Visit site
Everyone makes too big a deal about the back buttons. It takes a few days to get used to it, but it's no big deal at all.
I use the back volume down button to turn on the camera, and occasionally change the volume. But otherwise I don't use them at all.

Back buttons are nice once you get used to them.
I must admit though, when I use someone else's phone now, I always try to tap the screen to wake it up. Its too easy to get used to knock on/off.

Posted via Android Central App using an LG G2.