Can I Remove The Time From The Notification Bar?

RicKaysen

Jul 7, 2013
Visit site
It's not a major problem but I already have the time on the home screen and displaying the time in the notification bar seems redundant.

moosc

Grand Master Moosc
Oct 20, 2009
Visit site
Root your phone, then load xposed, then dl g2 xposed module.

Sent from Bad Azz VZW LG G2 Cyan Tapatalk

heading4tomorrow

May 21, 2013
Visit site
Uhm...with my wristwatch?

Then you don't need time on home screen either. I love to see the time when I am killing time, reminding me how long it passed so I can back to what I need to do. I will never remember to look at my wrist intentionally.

But everyone has different ways. To save room on bar I just keep 24hr clock there.

What I would like is to overlay battery with percentage, that would be handy actually.

Sent from my LG-P870 using Tapatalk

RicKaysen

Jul 7, 2013
Visit site
Then you don't need time on home screen either. I love to see the time when I am killing time, reminding me how long it passed so I can back to what I need to do. I will never remember to look at my wrist intentionally.

But everyone has different ways. To save room on bar I just keep 24hr clock there.

What I would like is to overlay battery with percentage, that would be handy actually.

Sent from my LG-P870 using Tapatalk

Is any of this stuff about what we really "need"? Anyway, the weather/clock widget has an option for battery percentage.

RicKaysen

Jul 7, 2013
Visit site
Root your phone, then load xposed, then dl g2 xposed module.

Sent from Bad Azz VZW LG G2 Cyan Tapatalk

I'm thinking about rooting...just don't want to brick it. I've backed everything up in preparation, but I hesitate. I've only done it once before, so I'm not confident.

heading4tomorrow

May 21, 2013
Visit site
I'm thinking about rooting...just don't want to brick it. I've backed everything up in preparation, but I hesitate. I've only done it once before, so I'm not confident.

Keep us posted please. I rooted other devices before, it is a lot easier when they have MicroSD slot. I feel a little nervous messing with devices that has only internal storage.

- - - Updated - - -

Is any of this stuff about what we really "need"? Anyway, the weather/clock widget has an option for battery percentage.

I meant on the notification bar, to consolidate things, like battery percentage and battery icon put together on top bar.

bear_lx

Dec 27, 2010
Visit site
rooting on this device is bar far the easiest root i have ever done... and i have done more than i can count. so no worries there, just youtube a video and follow step by step...( it was as simple as plugging your phone into a pc, and hitting enter) if you dont want to root you can install a launcher like nova, to remove the whole notification bar unless you want it. there is simple swipe up feature that hides the notifcation bar until you drag it back down, similar to like a windows phone...

RicKaysen

Jul 7, 2013
Visit site
rooting on this device is bar far the easiest root i have ever done... and i have done more than i can count. so no worries there, just youtube a video and follow step by step...( it was as simple as plugging your phone into a pc, and hitting enter) if you dont want to root you can install a launcher like nova, to remove the whole notification bar unless you want it. there is simple swipe up feature that hides the notifcation bar until you drag it back down, similar to like a windows phone...

Thanks for the advice. Is this a one step process or do I have to unlock the bootloader first wiping my device?

bear_lx

Dec 27, 2010
Visit site
no need to unlock the bootloader... check out the video iposted in the "rooting advice" thread ... it provides step by step instructions, super easy mate

you will only need to wipe if you install a custom rom. also note that after rooting you will need to install a custom recovery to flash roms, i highly recoommend TWRP as it is more compatible with the majority of our roms. there is also a step by step instruction video on how to install a custom recovery on youtube...

RicKaysen

Jul 7, 2013
Visit site
no need to unlock the bootloader... check out the video iposted in the "rooting advice" thread ... it provides step by step instructions, super easy mate

you will only need to wipe if you install a custom rom. also note that after rooting you will need to install a custom recovery to flash roms, i highly recoommend TWRP as it is more compatible with the majority of our roms. there is also a step by step instruction video on how to install a custom recovery on youtube...

Very Helpful...Thank You!

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
seniorengineerdood