Question about effect of unlock, rooting, OTA update an D800

Peichen01

Nov 22, 2013
Visit site
Hi guys, I am completely new to Android and I need something clarified. I researched a bit but cannot find a situation that fits my situation completely.

I bought a carrier locked AT&T D800 LG G2. I plan to have it unlocked to run on T-Mobile which is my current carrier. I also plan to root the phone so I can install GMD app to hide the soft keys.

Now here are the questions:
1. Will I be able to un-root the phone or at least load international version D802's firmware so I can update to 4.4 when it comes out for G2?
2. Will the phone be carrier locked again if I update the phone to 4.4?
3. I don't suppose T-Mobile's OTA update will work with D800 since there are hardware difference. Does it mean I will update manually with AT&T's files for D800?
4. Anyway to uninstall all the bloatware on the phone. There are like two pages full of apps and I don't I will use more then 5 of them.

Thanks.

bear_lx

Dec 27, 2010
Visit site
1- yes here is a video that walks you through this step by step How To Root & Unroot LG G2 All Variants In Easy And Safe Way - YouTube

2- no, once unlocked, youre good to go
3- i am not sure on this one... my guess is that it would be updated from tmobile being that it is unlocked and activated on their network?
4- can only be uninstalled if you root, otherwise, just go to settings>general tab>apps>all, and disable what you dont want... disabling them will "freeze" the bloatware so it doesnt run

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akbarramadhani12