Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By heading4tomorrow
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    113 Global Posts

Default I just got my G2 and everything is working!

Good news, to some. I just got my G2 and everything is working, and I mean all of the issues that they had when ATT started selling them (AKA beta phone)! I did have to install Google TTS though. I also had to reboot several times because of frozen screens etc. But in the end battery life is great too. And re-routes in Google NAV are the fastest I've ever seen. I started a route and went the wrong way, and as soon as I was just past the intersection it corrected the route. I'll never do that again, I was doing 40+ in a 25mph.The speaker volume is lacking though.

ATT telesales has them for 50 bucks.

Global Posts
    13,957 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock Moto X

Default Re: I just got my G2 and everything is working!

Great!
    How are you liking the device?

Devices: Current: Nexus 5, Moto X, Galaxy Tab 2 (7.0); Retired: Galaxy S2 (Epic 4G Touch); Traded: Galaxy S3
    When I let go of what I am, I become what I might be - Lao Tzu 'If we could change ourselves, the tendencies in the world would also change.' - Mahatma Gandhi
    Community Guidelines and also here
    Banned

Global Posts
    856 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Sonix View Post
    Good news, to some. I just got my G2 and everything is working, and I mean all of the issues that they had when ATT started selling them (AKA beta phone)! I did have to install Google TTS though. I also had to reboot several times because of frozen screens etc. But in the end battery life is great too. And re-routes in Google NAV are the fastest I've ever seen. I started a route and went the wrong way, and as soon as I was just past the intersection it corrected the route. I'll never do that again, I was doing 40+ in a 25mph.The speaker volume is lacking though.

ATT telesales has them for 50 bucks.
    Where do you get your info? I've had my G2 for a few months. Everything has always worked. Did you expect something not to work??

Sent from my LG-D800 using AC Forums mobile app
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

Global Posts
    113 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by jaj324 View Post
    Where do you get your info? I've had my G2 for a few months. Everything has always worked. Did you expect something not to work??

I guess you don't read the feeds, so you wouldn't know. It is totally possible you got an updated one and don't know it.
    Banned

Global Posts
    856 Global Posts

I guess you don't read the feeds, so you wouldn't know. It is totally possible you got an updated one and don't know it.
    I ordered a white one from at&t when the white was still online only. No problems.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using AC Forums mobile app

I ordered a white one from at&t when the white was still online only. No problems.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using AC Forums mobile app
    I was also paranoid about G2 and kept running all sort of test, screen test, sound test, camera test, drawing lines like a crazy person test, so far so good, except I saw the brightness flickering today, happens when the phone runs hot, and also I had it getting pretty hot 103F when I was playing a game, otherwise I have no complains with the phone so far, at least nothing major, it runs fine and it never hung on me. What I realized is when you are interested in a particular device, or when you buy it and follow that device's specific forums, you will run into a lot of users posting problems, usually you never see someone come in and say "My phone runs perfectly well, thank you, goodbye now".. And in this day and age of super criticism, extreme comparison, and pickyness of new generation, we are all bound to find something that will pinch a nerve.

However, I am extremely curious how a vanilla edition of same version of android runs on this device. I have a suspicion there is still something holding this phone back..
    bear_lx likes this.
    Banned

Global Posts
    856 Global Posts

I have never rooted a phone until this one. I rooted the G2, removed all the bloatware and what I didn't remove I've disabled if I don't use it. It's super fast and the battery life is better than any smartphone I've ever owned.

I have never rooted a phone until this one. I rooted the G2, removed all the bloatware and what I didn't remove I've disabled if I don't use it. It's super fast and the battery life is better than any smartphone I've ever owned.

Just root? No custom roms?
    Banned

Global Posts
    856 Global Posts

Yep.

+1 - gotta root.... custom rom or not. why pay for something that is held back by the carrier or manufacture? its yours! and if you dont want bloatware why should you have to have it? if you want to change something deeper than the OS allows, you should be able to, at your own risk obviously. Point being we work hard for our money, at least i do. if i buy something i want it to be truly mine, and i should be able to do whatever the hell i want to it. so i will root every phone i ever get! plus the developer community will always have far more support than and carrier or oem!
    Android Central - Super Member
    "Don't forget to thank him/her who helped you"

feeds are always going to be filled with negativity... people rarely create a thread to brag about a phone, or speak of how great it is. read the threads for any phone! they are all mostly filled with issues! either way glad to hear yours worked out! welcome to the best phone out!
    Android Central - Super Member
    "Don't forget to thank him/her who helped you"