LG G2 WiFi Tethering App

Pogee

Dec 5, 2013
Visit site
Just got my AT&T LG G2 today and every WiFi Tethering App found on Google Play has failed to work.
Can someone point me to a app that will work?

Many Thanks.

Pogee

Dec 5, 2013
Visit site
I am not a techno-geek. I just want to install a WiFi tethering App and have it work on the AT&T LG G2.
I don't have a clue as to why none of them will work on the LG G2. My son got a AT&T Samsung Note 3 and
the first one he tried worked fine.

Is there no one else on this AT&T LG G2 Forum that also wants tethering? Or, has found a way to make it work
that you can pass on to a simple user.

Just_Some_Nobody

Oct 4, 2011
Visit site
I am not a techno-geek. I just want to install a WiFi tethering App and have it work on the AT&T LG G2.
I don't have a clue as to why none of them will work on the LG G2. My son got a AT&T Samsung Note 3 and
the first one he tried worked fine.

Is there no one else on this AT&T LG G2 Forum that also wants tethering? Or, has found a way to make it work
that you can pass on to a simple user.

On this particular phone the simple way may be to pay for tethering which would get you support when it did not work.

There may be no apps for this particular phone that make it easy.
I have only seen the non easy way myself.

Edit: this is the non-easy way:
http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?p=41540913

Posted via Android Central App using an LG G2.

Last edited:

Sonix

Jul 27, 2009
Visit site
Yea, it's a known ATT phone, so pay, root and flash or get blocked. The cousin of this phone is the not known Nexus 5 (LG), and it works with ATT fine.

Anthony Julson

Apr 28, 2014
Visit site
Root your phone then use sqlite editor to delete the "1" from the tether_dun_required under settings.db, global and it should use mobile data instead of tethering data. My hotspot was already enabled with T-Mobile so not sure if it really unlocks the hotspot

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kemberley1