1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default AT&T LG G2 - screen protector advice

Hi, Ive been reading into screen protectors alot and am getting no where at all. First issue is that most dont mention if they are cut short or not, then comes the debate if I should get a glass one as they are thicker so will it work with a case such as this Diztronic, not only that but I cant find any mention about some of the impressive film skins ive seen such as Rhino and ark.

Last edited by gravatos; 12-05-2013 at 09:45 PM.

Default Re: AT&T LG G2 - screen protector advice

I'd be interested to know if any of these work with the diztronic cases. I love my case and would like to try one of the glass screen protectors.

Don't waste money on a screen protector. No needed unless you are really rough with your phone.
    Thanked by:
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

Screen protector is a must for me. There is sand here which definitely can scratch the screen no matter how much I baby it. The reason I'm looking into the insane ones though is that I've seen the drop tests for the phone and I don't want it breaking due to something stupid like someone bumping into me.

Some of these screen protectors look pretty good.

Posted via Android Central App

Quote Originally Posted by OhAlfie View Post
    Don't waste money on a screen protector. No needed unless you are really rough with your phone.
    Screens aren't scratch proof. Resistant but not proof. Phones ain't cheap either.
    I'll take a protector any day.

Posted via Android Central App using an LG G2.

I've got a Zagg on mine. It's pretty awesome, but I didn't pay anywhere near $25 for it...
  8. Thread Author  Thread Author    #8  

I got a skinomi and diztronic case in the mail, Ill post my findings around Christmas probably if anyone is interested.

Global Posts
    849 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

I haven't used a screen protector in over 5 years no problems no issues

Amazon.com: SUPERSHIELDZ- High Definition (HD) Clear Screen Protector For LG G2 + Lifetime Replacements Warranty [6-PACK] - Retail Packaging: Cell Phones & Accessories

less than $3 for 6!! Worth a few bucks just to see if you like it and if you don't throw them away.
    i've found them crystal clear, fits/clings nicely, doesnt peel off with constant pocket carry and no issues with touch sensitivity. read the reviews.
    on previous phones i would use anti glare screens to cut glare and hide fingerprints at the cost of crystal clear sharpness... but screen looks super clear.
    the glass should handle normal usage without issue... i just like to keep something on a new phone... never know if you drop it and if unlucky could get light scratches.
    usually after a year i go without and nothing ever happens to my phones thank goodness... but $3 worth a try for a little piece of mind.

I have a skinomi and it it's better than the Zagg he I had for my s3 it is super clear just no go with otterbox Commuter waiting for the Zagg 50% to get the case friendly

Posted via Android Central App
  12. Thread Author  Thread Author    #12  

The diztronic case sucks, avoid it, just get a skin and screen protector, much more protection with even just tape around your phone.

I love how people love these wonderful $3 3-pack screen protectors, even though you have to go through 6 of them to get one on right, they're too thin to re-use, and a horrible consistency for fingertip sliding unless you get the matte ones. Plus, as soon as a piece of dust adheres itself to the adhesive side, you're pretty much done, may as well toss it, you'll never get it off, and you'll never get rid of the bubble it causes.

Really the Zaggs are expensive, but they're worth it. crystal clear, very sharp, and with just the right texture, sliding your fingertip along it is effortless because there's just enough texture to keep too much of your finger from contacting the surface and catching, like what happens with most of those el-cheapo dollar-general pieces of shiny plastic. That's actually what happens when it's too smooth: you have to have some texture for your finger to glide easily.

Cases on the other hand, just get whatever cheap piece of TPU that comes in your favorite color or pattern.
  14. Thread Author  Thread Author    #14  

Dont get the Diztronic case though, its slicker than the back of the phone bare, and almost ripped my skinomi off multiple times, gave up after 2 days of having to fix it every time it entered or exited my pocket.
    Havent used zagg, but I highly recommend teh skinomi now, its very nice and seems like itll take a long time to need replaced compared to others ive used. Although its not glass so its not the best, but for the price its really nice.

Don't care for Zaggs... don't like screens where you have to spray and wet the glass to apply and have used them on all my phones in past 3 gens of iphones and my nexus. it may give a stronger stick to the screen but never had problems with other types and the feel is not glass smooth. I was hesitant on cheapos like supershieldz... but I'll stick with the $3 shields with spares to probably last me as long as a keep the phone.