1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Angry LG G2 "Searching for GPS"

I've had an LG G2 with AT&T for about 2 months now. I noticed that up on the notification bar it has a little symbol and when I pull down the bar, it says "Searching for GPS". When I press it, it takes me to the GPS settings, where it says that GPS is on (which I never manually turn it on). I switch it off, and in a couple minutes, it says "Searching for GPS" again. Anyone having this problem? If so, have you found a fix?

Default Re: LG G2 "Searching for GPS"

Search for CIQ (Carrier IQ) AT&T loads on the phone. I think that is the issue

Quote Originally Posted by herrera_r98 View Post
    I've had an LG G2 with AT&T for about 2 months now. I noticed that up on the notification bar it has a little symbol and when I pull down the bar, it says "Searching for GPS". When I press it, it takes me to the GPS settings, where it says that GPS is on (which I never manually turn it on). I switch it off, and in a couple minutes, it says "Searching for GPS" again. Anyone having this problem? If so, have you found a fix?
    Banned

Global Posts
    856 Global Posts

Go to settings >apps>running>Android System. There u can turn the carrier IQ off. If you reboot the phone you will have to do it again. It starts back after a reboot.

Sent from my LG-D800 using AC Forums mobile app
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

I took it to BestBuy and they fixed it for me. It was a really simple task. Just in case you guys need help with it:
    Settings-> General-> Apps-> All-> Menu Button-> Reset app Preferences