LG G2 Taking Forever to Charge - Not Slow Charge

nsainfreek

Dec 10, 2013
Visit site
I've had my ATT G2 for about a week now. It's generally plugged in since I'm at work all the time and haven't done anything heavy with it. Last night I was playing a game and ran it down to 7% battery life. I plugged it in and continued playing the game and when I finished, about half an hour later, it was down to 2%. I'm using a Samsung wall charger (not combination USB cable and charge plug) and am not getting a slow charge message from this charger. It charged for about 5 hours while I was sleeping and when I woke up the phone was at 65%. I was surprised it wasn't full and when I checked the battery manager application, it said I had another 3 hours till a full charge.

I don't think this is a typical charge time since I'm reading that people are getting their devices fully charged quicker than that. Is there an issue with my phone? What can I do to diagnose this issue? Any help would be great. Thanks!

Haalcyon

Banned
Jul 19, 2013
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central.

How does the phone respond when you use the OEM charger that should have come with it? Is the amperage between the LG charger and the Samsung charger the same? I would focus on using the LG charger for a while and see if that has any affect on the charging rate.

Last edited:

Just_Some_Nobody

Oct 4, 2011
Visit site
It has a 3000 mAH battery. If you don't use a fast charge capable charger / cable combo it will charge very slowly. The phone should have come with the proper charger. If not see your vendor.

Posted via Android Central App using an LG G2.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gofuckyourselfandroid