HELP PLEASE LG G2 stuck in cwm boot loop

minxer

Dec 13, 2013
Visit site
My phone automatically updated an ota update and now it only boots to Clockworkmod recovery v6.0.4.4. I've tried restroing from backup, wiping my dalvik cache and cache, then factory resetting but nothings working. Please help me

minxer

Dec 13, 2013
Visit site
It's not working adb says device not detected, I'm not sure if I even still have usb debugging on because I did wipe data/factory reset. If this is a driver issue can you direct me to how to fix it?

UJ95x

Retired Ambassador
Aug 26, 2013
Visit site
It's not working adb says device not detected, I'm not sure if I even still have usb debugging on because I did wipe data/factory reset. If this is a driver issue can you direct me to how to fix it?

If it's a driver issue, download the latest drivers for the LG G2 and the Android version it's on

Posted via Android Central App

UJ95x

Retired Ambassador
Aug 26, 2013
Visit site
So it's not a driver issue.
The factory reset should have turned off USB debugging, make sure you turn it back on

minxer

Dec 13, 2013
Visit site
I can't turn it back on I can only boot into cwm and when ever I plug in my phone the found new hardware wizard pops up then I get a a bubble saying a problem occured during hardware installation your device may not work properly

UJ95x

Retired Ambassador
Aug 26, 2013
Visit site
I can't turn it back on I can only boot into cwm and when ever I plug in my phone the found new hardware wizard pops up then I get a a bubble saying a problem occured during hardware installation your device may not work properly

OK, first of all.
Make sure you're using the stock LG cable. The first box in Odin should show up as yellow or flashing anything won't work. Once you download the latest drivers, restart your PC. Then try and see if it recognizes it

Last edited:

minxer

Dec 13, 2013
Visit site
I have and it still say the same thing, and when I open device manager it has a yellow question mark next to my D-800, and they have odin for the g2?

UJ95x

Retired Ambassador
Aug 26, 2013
Visit site
I have and it still say the same thing, and when I open device manager it has a yellow question mark next to my D-800, and they have odin for the g2?

I meant LG, not Sammy lol. Sorry about that
Odin works with any phone, don't need a specific one for the G2

tutor772

Aug 5, 2012
Visit site
My ATT LG G2 is rooted, and I installed TWRP recovery. I did a stupid thing and "accepted" the ATT OTA update. After that, the phone just booted into recovery. I tried doing the same things you mentioned above, but nothing helped. I then tried the fix posted in XDA, but that didn't work, either. When I plugged the phone into my computer, Windows 8.1 did not even recognize a new device was connected. However, when I opened a command prompt and typed "adb devices" adb returned "recovery" as the device. Well, OK, at least adb can talk to the phone. I followed the directions that I used to initially install TWRP to "push" CleanROM-SE-2.0.zip onto the phone. I was able to flash CleanROM from TWRP, and the phone then booted to CleanROM and I was back in business. Perhaps you could try the same thing with CW.

minxer

Dec 13, 2013
Visit site
mine doesn't even do that, I type adb devices and it says list of devices attached and it's just blank, can you maybe direct me to how to setup adb because I'm not even sure if I did it right. Being a nooby at android makes the guides really confusing for me

took2089

Oct 1, 2013
Visit site
My ATT LG G2 is rooted, and I installed TWRP recovery. I did a stupid thing and "accepted" the ATT OTA update. After that, the phone just booted into recovery. I tried doing the same things you mentioned above, but nothing helped. I then tried the fix posted in XDA, but that didn't work, either. When I plugged the phone into my computer, Windows 8.1 did not even recognize a new device was connected. However, when I opened a command prompt and typed "adb devices" adb returned "recovery" as the device. Well, OK, at least adb can talk to the phone. I followed the directions that I used to initially install TWRP to "push" CleanROM-SE-2.0.zip onto the phone. I was able to flash CleanROM from TWRP, and the phone then booted to CleanROM and I was back in business. Perhaps you could try the same thing with CW.

Where did you get the files to use ADB ? I tried googling but not sure which is genuine.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk