Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 35
Like Tree4Likes
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

    Default HELP PLEASE LG G2 stuck in cwm boot loop

    My phone automatically updated an ota update and now it only boots to Clockworkmod recovery v6.0.4.4. I've tried restroing from backup, wiping my dalvik cache and cache, then factory resetting but nothings working. Please help me
  2. #2  
    jaj324's Avatar
    Banned

    Posts
    232 Posts
    Global Posts
    856 Global Posts

    Default Re: HELP PLEASE LG G2 stuck in cwm boot loop

    You got an update on an at&t g2 today??
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

    Default Re: HELP PLEASE LG G2 stuck in cwm boot loop

    yes, but can you help me with my problem?
  4. #4  
    jaj324's Avatar
    Banned

    Posts
    232 Posts
    Global Posts
    856 Global Posts

    Default Re: HELP PLEASE LG G2 stuck in cwm boot loop

    Unfortunately no. I'm not very well versed on rooting, etc.....
  5. #5  
    plguzman's Avatar

    Posts
    3 Posts
    Global Posts
    77 Global Posts

    Default Re: HELP PLEASE LG G2 stuck in cwm boot loop

    In XDA is the solution (the thread is for TWRP but works in CWM as well, I did it)

    Thanked by 2:
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  

    Default Re: HELP PLEASE LG G2 stuck in cwm boot loop

    How did you do it? I can't get my computer to recognize my device so ADB isn't working
  7. #7  
    plguzman's Avatar

    Posts
    3 Posts
    Global Posts
    77 Global Posts

    Default Re: HELP PLEASE LG G2 stuck in cwm boot loop

    Quote Originally Posted by minxer View Post
    How did you do it? I can't get my computer to recognize my device so ADB isn't working
    Well, I had the same problem, I have W8, but it seems some ppl with W7 couldn't get it to work, so the solution for me was:

  8. Thread Author  Thread Author    #8  

    Default Re: HELP PLEASE LG G2 stuck in cwm boot loop

    It's not working adb says device not detected, I'm not sure if I even still have usb debugging on because I did wipe data/factory reset. If this is a driver issue can you direct me to how to fix it?
  9. #9  
    UJ95x's Avatar

    Posts
    5,500 Posts
    Global Posts
    5,579 Global Posts
    ROM
    Slim Kat 4.4.2 Build 3

    Default Re: HELP PLEASE LG G2 stuck in cwm boot loop

    Quote Originally Posted by minxer View Post
    It's not working adb says device not detected, I'm not sure if I even still have usb debugging on because I did wipe data/factory reset. If this is a driver issue can you direct me to how to fix it?
    If it's a driver issue, download the latest drivers for the LG G2 and the Android version it's on

    Posted via Android Central App
    Everything in this post is 100% accurate...I think

    R.I.P. Motorola...and what could have been the best smartphone line ever
  10. Thread Author  Thread Author    #10  

    Default Re: HELP PLEASE LG G2 stuck in cwm boot loop

    I have and it's still not working
    Edoardo Mozzi likes this.
  11. #11  
    UJ95x's Avatar

    Posts
    5,500 Posts
    Global Posts
    5,579 Global Posts
    ROM
    Slim Kat 4.4.2 Build 3

    Default Re: HELP PLEASE LG G2 stuck in cwm boot loop

    So it's not a driver issue.
    The factory reset should have turned off USB debugging, make sure you turn it back on

    Posted via Android Central App
    Everything in this post is 100% accurate...I think

    R.I.P. Motorola...and what could have been the best smartphone line ever
  12. Thread Author  Thread Author    #12  

    Default Re: HELP PLEASE LG G2 stuck in cwm boot loop

    I can't turn it back on I can only boot into cwm and when ever I plug in my phone the found new hardware wizard pops up then I get a a bubble saying a problem occured during hardware installation your device may not work properly
  13. #13  
    UJ95x's Avatar

    Posts
    5,500 Posts
    Global Posts
    5,579 Global Posts
    ROM
    Slim Kat 4.4.2 Build 3

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by minxer View Post
    I can't turn it back on I can only boot into cwm and when ever I plug in my phone the found new hardware wizard pops up then I get a a bubble saying a problem occured during hardware installation your device may not work properly
    OK, first of all.
    Make sure you're using the stock LG cable. The first box in Odin should show up as yellow or flashing anything won't work. Once you download the latest drivers, restart your PC. Then try and see if it recognizes it

    Posted via Android Central App
    Last edited by UJ95x; 12-14-2013 at 01:57 PM.
    Everything in this post is 100% accurate...I think

    R.I.P. Motorola...and what could have been the best smartphone line ever
  14. Thread Author  Thread Author    #14  

    Default Re: HELP PLEASE LG G2 stuck in cwm boot loop

    I have and it still say the same thing, and when I open device manager it has a yellow question mark next to my D-800, and they have odin for the g2?
  15. #15  
    UJ95x's Avatar

    Posts
    5,500 Posts
    Global Posts
    5,579 Global Posts
    ROM
    Slim Kat 4.4.2 Build 3

    Default Re: HELP PLEASE LG G2 stuck in cwm boot loop

    Quote Originally Posted by minxer View Post
    I have and it still say the same thing, and when I open device manager it has a yellow question mark next to my D-800, and they have odin for the g2?
    I meant LG, not Sammy lol. Sorry about that
    Odin works with any phone, don't need a specific one for the G2

    Posted via Android Central App
    Everything in this post is 100% accurate...I think

    R.I.P. Motorola...and what could have been the best smartphone line ever
  16. #16  
    Golfdriver97's Avatar

    Posts
    13,592 Posts
    Global Posts
    13,867 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock Moto X

    Default Re: HELP PLEASE LG G2 stuck in cwm boot loop

    Try different USB ports, cables, and restart the PC.

    From a Sprint Moto X using the AC forums app.

    Devices: Current: Nexus 5, Moto X, Galaxy Tab 2 (7.0); Retired: Galaxy S2 (Epic 4G Touch); Traded: Galaxy S3
    When I let go of what I am, I become what I might be - Lao Tzu
    Community Guidelines and also here
    Red_Berry_21 likes this.
  17. Thread Author  Thread Author    #17  

    Default Re: HELP PLEASE LG G2 stuck in cwm boot loop

    Odin isn't recognizing my g2 either, the first block is blank. IS my phone just screwed at this point?
  18. #18  

    Default Re: HELP PLEASE LG G2 stuck in cwm boot loop

    My ATT LG G2 is rooted, and I installed TWRP recovery. I did a stupid thing and "accepted" the ATT OTA update. After that, the phone just booted into recovery. I tried doing the same things you mentioned above, but nothing helped. I then tried the fix posted in XDA, but that didn't work, either. When I plugged the phone into my computer, Windows 8.1 did not even recognize a new device was connected. However, when I opened a command prompt and typed "adb devices" adb returned "recovery" as the device. Well, OK, at least adb can talk to the phone. I followed the directions that I used to initially install TWRP to "push" CleanROM-SE-2.0.zip onto the phone. I was able to flash CleanROM from TWRP, and the phone then booted to CleanROM and I was back in business. Perhaps you could try the same thing with CW.
    Thanked by:
    UJ95x 
  19. Thread Author  Thread Author    #19  

    Default Re: HELP PLEASE LG G2 stuck in cwm boot loop

    mine doesn't even do that, I type adb devices and it says list of devices attached and it's just blank, can you maybe direct me to how to setup adb because I'm not even sure if I did it right. Being a nooby at android makes the guides really confusing for me
  20. #20  

    Default Re: HELP PLEASE LG G2 stuck in cwm boot loop

    Quote Originally Posted by tutor772 View Post
    My ATT LG G2 is rooted, and I installed TWRP recovery. I did a stupid thing and "accepted" the ATT OTA update. After that, the phone just booted into recovery. I tried doing the same things you mentioned above, but nothing helped. I then tried the fix posted in XDA, but that didn't work, either. When I plugged the phone into my computer, Windows 8.1 did not even recognize a new device was connected. However, when I opened a command prompt and typed "adb devices" adb returned "recovery" as the device. Well, OK, at least adb can talk to the phone. I followed the directions that I used to initially install TWRP to "push" CleanROM-SE-2.0.zip onto the phone. I was able to flash CleanROM from TWRP, and the phone then booted to CleanROM and I was back in business. Perhaps you could try the same thing with CW.
    Where did you get the files to use ADB ? I tried googling but not sure which is genuine.


    Sent from my iPhone using
  21. Thread Author  Thread Author    #21  

    Default Re: HELP PLEASE LG G2 stuck in cwm boot loop

    I got them from the android dev website I downloaded the existing ide sdk file, and followed instructions on xda
  22. #22  

    Default Re: HELP PLEASE LG G2 stuck in cwm boot loop

    (-_-) I'm having the exact same problem with sprint..... did you make any progress with fixing your phone?
  23. Thread Author  Thread Author    #23  

    Default Re: HELP PLEASE LG G2 stuck in cwm boot loop

    Quote Originally Posted by jojo1090 View Post
    (-_-) I'm having the exact same problem with sprint..... did you make any progress with fixing your phone?
    nope it's been three days and nothings working
  24. #24  

    Default Re: HELP PLEASE LG G2 stuck in cwm boot loop

    that sucks hopefully you find something that works, I'm still looking around 2.... but I'm sure sooner or later somebody will have a solution
  25. #25  

    Default Re: HELP PLEASE LG G2 stuck in cwm boot loop


    I downloaded and installed the ADT Bundle for Windows and then followed the directions from here to install:

    I'm sorry I can't help you more than what I posted earlier. I'm basically a nooby too, and stumbled around enough until something finally worked. Good luck, and keep us posted on what happens.

    Quote Originally Posted by took2089 View Post
    Where did you get the files to use ADB ? I tried googling but not sure which is genuine.


    Sent from my iPhone using
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Need help with Glance
    By rjack22 in forum Pebble Smartwatch
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 02-10-2014, 11:02 AM
  2. Stuck on Recovery mode!
    By tweetguy121 in forum T-Mobile Galaxy S II
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 12-14-2013, 01:01 PM
  3. HELP!!!!!!
    By TylahWooh in forum Virgin Mobile Optimus V
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 12-13-2013, 05:55 PM
  4. DashClock Lock Screen Widget Help!
    By js2256 in forum Samsung Galaxy S4
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 12-13-2013, 10:51 AM
  5. My phone erased all my information! HELP!
    By xoxoxo_m in forum Google / Samsung Galaxy Nexus
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 12-13-2013, 10:02 AM

Posting Permissions

B