Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Just_Some_Nobody
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default LG G2: phone keeps turning on location access & searching for my location on its own.

Like the topic says? How do I get it to stop?

Posted via Android Central App
    Last edited by NotJustAPhone; 01-16-2014 at 12:01 AM.

Default Re: phone keeps turning on location access & searching for my location on its own.

Check Location access switched off. After what application installation it is going. Uninstall that. Clear that app data and cache memory.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Default Re: phone keeps turning on location access & searching for my location on its own.

Can't figure out what app it is that's doing it.

If you can't figure it out it's probably CarrierIQ.
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

Default Re: LG G2: phone keeps turning on location access & searching for my location on its own.

What to do if it is?

Default Re: LG G2: phone keeps turning on location access & searching for my location on its own.

Mostly complain. You can't stop it or get rid of it is by rooting. And frankly you should have more reason to root than just that.

Sent from my LG G2 using Tapatalk Pro.

Are you sure it isn't Facebook?

Sent from my LG-LG870 using Tapatalk 2
  8. Thread Author  Thread Author    #8  

Could be?

Quote Originally Posted by Jmoore1225 View Post
    Could be?

Definitely.

Sent from my LG-LG870 using Tapatalk 2
  10. Thread Author  Thread Author    #10  

Any way to stop it?

Try to set it not to automatically update. The setting to manually update or sync should be in the app.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk 2
  12. Thread Author  Thread Author    #12  

Thanx, think I got it.... New to androids & all these option settings. Had an iPhone since the beginning.

Global Posts
    111 Global Posts

For all of you that say they can't you're wrong. Just do a factory reset, but this time add nothing and observe what happens when you add apps every few days. And I mean no roots, and stay out of any settings. It's called basic grade school science.

Quote Originally Posted by Jmoore1225 View Post
    Like the topic says? How do I get it to stop?

Search the forums. There's a wealth of info on your exact issue.

Posted via Android Central App using an LG G2.

Quote Originally Posted by npaladin-2000 View Post
    Mostly complain. You can't stop it or get rid of it is by rooting. And frankly you should have more reason to root than just that.

Not true. There's a ton of info in the forums here about stopping it. Stop passing bad info.

Posted via Android Central App using an LG G2.

Fine YOU show us one solution that gets rid of it, doesn't allow it to come back, and doesn't require root.

Fine YOU show us one solution that gets rid of it, doesn't allow it to come back, and doesn't require root.

Settings->general->apps->running
    Look for Android System. Click it and you should see carrier IQ and can stop it. After i stop it I also stop Android System.

Technically you will have to do this again after reboot if you do not root.

Thank you for admitting you were wrong.

Thank you for admitting you were wrong.
    Whatever, kid. Go play somewhere else.

Yeah, keep gnawing on your foot there.

Yeah, keep gnawing on your foot there.

You win.

EVERYONE! LISTEN UP! HE WINS!
    HE GAVE ABSOLUTELY USELESS INFO WHILE I GAVE PSEUDO USEFUL INFO, BUT HE WINS!

Your ego satisfied?

<mic drop />
    Jastow likes this.