1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default LG G2 Not Receiving Texts?

Hi,need advice on my LG G2.I jumped ship from iPhone to the LG,and I was getting tx's from iPhone users,and for some unknown reason my LG stop receiving tx from them.They can get my tx's I send them.Did I mess something up or?Thanks in advance for any help!!

Default Re: LG G2 Not Receiving Texts?

1. make sure their iPhone App Settings are set correctly. By default, sending as SMS is not selected in IOS 7. To enable this go into settings>messages>send as SMS. This will send messages as regular SMS messages when imessage isn't available.
    2. make sure that you have turned off iMessage on your old iPhone and on the Apple web dashboard of your account/phone number before you switch to Android.

good luck.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Quote Originally Posted by Gekko View Post
    Apple web dashboard of your account/phone number before you switch to Android.
    .Thanks for your help,but,duh,I don't know where to find this dashboard on my iPhone /apple account.I was receiving sms for a day or so,then either I changed something on my LG.I started using my LG before I stopped message on my iPhone.

5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

Thanks for you help!

3 parts -

1. make sure that you have turned off iMessage on your old iPhone.
    2. delete your old phone number and delete/unregister all old iPhone(s) from your Apple ID web profile at supportprofile.apple.c0m.
    3. make sure iPhone-using friends App Settings are set correctly. By default, sending as SMS is not selected in IOS 7. To enable this go into settings>messages>send as SMS. This will send messages as regular SMS messages when imessage isn't available.
  7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #7  

Ended up going to Apple Chat and they got it taken care of.Up and running now!