Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By xsinfulangel
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default LG G2 battery drain

I've been reading up on the G2 and some reasons for battery drain. when I first got the phone, I could go 2-3 days without charge. now it will drop like ~10% an hour while at work. overnight (about a seven hour period) it dropped ~30%. I've posted some screen shots of my gsam, wld, and battery manager. 18% in 3 hours of doing nothing? I live in metropolitan Philadelphia, so my service area is 4glte, and I rarely have a service issue. sometimes I hace poor reception at work, but I work on floor 3 of a 20 floor high rise with drop ceilings..

based on the work, I said its gotta be Facebook. my messenger app is already greenified. I went into greenify to zap it, and it isn't listed!

I love this phone but I had the expectation that I could at least leave it unplugged at night and not suffer battery drain like this. any help would be greatly appreciated! sorry for the flood of pictures, just wanted to give an idea of what's going on in this crazy phone..

Sent from my LG-D800 using AC Forums mobile app
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails LG G2 battery drain-1391774212723.jpg   LG G2 battery drain-1391774223007.jpg   LG G2 battery drain-1391774234800.jpg   LG G2 battery drain-1391774249114.jpg   LG G2 battery drain-1391774345992.jpg  

LG G2 battery drain-1391774366228.jpg   LG G2 battery drain-1391774377024.jpg   LG G2 battery drain-1391774385430.jpg   LG G2 battery drain-1391774394467.jpg  
    Thanked by 2:
    Jon nozpain2 
    Jon n likes this.

Default Re: LG G2 battery drain

I hate to ask the obvious, but have you tried rebooting it? I've noticed that when my battery life start getting worse it's due to a build-up of old zombie processes. I generally reboot my phone about once a month to make sure it doesn't get too bad.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

I read on another thread that rebooting after a 100% charge seemed to help. I did that, and I'm down to 93% in 2 hours. I uninstalled Facebook as much as I could (it's stock on the phone), maybe sent/received 30 texts and deleted some emails. The most damage is being done by the screen, which is using 27% of the battery.

If you're on 4G, 7% in 2 hours isn't bad depending on the signal in your area.

Sent from my LG G2 using Tapatalk Pro.

Global Posts
    57 Global Posts
    ROM
    Gingerbread

Do you always have your 3G/WiFi radios on? I use JuiceDefender to turn them off except for AutoSync and when I'm using the phone actively.

Elton

Im having the same issue. Git mine on Christmas. Used to get fantastic battery life while on LTE (have verizon model). After 2 months i started getting similar battery loss. Maybe a but worse. Turned off all sync , deleted all nonessentisl apps, and still poor battery even over wifi. In one instance i actually didnt make it through a day. Phone dies on me in the afternoon from a full charge. Thinking of sending it to LG. the battery was a major selling point for me, but now i am starting to regret not going with the note 3 (or the HTC One, for the build quality).

Whenever I'm having issues w/ my G2's battery life:

Charge phone to 100% capacity . Then, with phone still plugged in, hold power button down and select "Power Off and Restart". Let the phone do it's thing, then you're good to go! Make sure you leave it plugged in while you restart it.
    I think if you let your battery get too low, it can kind of forget where 100% charge is (cause the battery is designed to stop charging once it's at 100%.) So by charging it all the day and restarting it, I think it helps the battery re-learn where fully charged is.

Hope this helps! Has worked for me every time.