HELP! Bought A LG G2 Did not know if was rooted :(

Illustrator Joe

Apr 16, 2012
Visit site
So I bought an LG G2 (AT&T) off ebay and received it today. I was super excited to say the least. The first thing I did was power it on and was greeted as if it was a brand new stock AT&T device. The first thing I did was go into the setting about the phone and check for an OTA, Which there was one, I believe it was released for AT&T recently. After it download the phone restarts and I am greeted with a TeamWin screen. At this point I know something is wrong. I do not know much about root, so I assume this is some sort of root (excuse me if I sound like I have no idea what I am talking about because I don't). I instantly jumped on the internet to do some research. I believe I am stuck in a "boot loop" or am I, I am not sure. Anyway I cannot get the phone to do much of anything. Below are the screens I see:
IMG_20140221_203226.jpg
And if I try to reboot it says this:
IMG_20140221_203413.jpg

No OS installed cannot be good. The first step of every thread about putting the stock AT&T firmware on starts with getting the LG drivers (which I did) and then starting the phone in "download mode" by holding up on the volume when plugging the micro usb into the phone. This will not work for me no matter how many times I try. So that is where I am at. As I type this I have gotten a response from the ebay seller, he is really nice and understanding, says he thought it was reverted to stock, but he hasn't touched the phone in so long he must have just forgot to. Anyways he says I can send it back for a full refund. I would prefer not to, I would like to get it up and running, but if it is going to take up my whole weekend then no thanks. Any input you guys can give would be great. As you may be able to tell I am a bit frustrated.

UJ95x

Retired Ambassador
Aug 26, 2013
Visit site
So I bought an LG G2 (AT&T) off ebay and received it today. I was super excited to say the least. The first thing I did was power it on and was greeted as if it was a brand new stock AT&T device. The first thing I did was go into the setting about the phone and check for an OTA, Which there was one, I believe it was released for AT&T recently. After it download the phone restarts and I am greeted with a TeamWin screen. At this point I know something is wrong. I do not know much about root, so I assume this is some sort of root (excuse me if I sound like I have no idea what I am talking about because I don't). I instantly jumped on the internet to do some research. I believe I am stuck in a "boot loop" or am I, I am not sure. Anyway I cannot get the phone to do much of anything. Below are the screens I see:
View attachment 105555
And if I try to reboot it says this:
View attachment 105556

No OS installed cannot be good. The first step of every thread about putting the stock AT&T firmware on starts with getting the LG drivers (which I did) and then starting the phone in "download mode" by holding up on the volume when plugging the micro usb into the phone. This will not work for me no matter how many times I try. So that is where I am at. As I type this I have gotten a response from the ebay seller, he is really nice and understanding, says he thought it was reverted to stock, but he hasn't touched the phone in so long he must have just forgot to. Anyways he says I can send it back for a full refund. I would prefer not to, I would like to get it up and running, but if it is going to take up my whole weekend then no thanks. Any input you guys can give would be great. As you may be able to tell I am a bit frustrated.

Try what is suggested here: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2492911

Sent from my Galaxy S4 running SlimKat 4.4.2

Illustrator Joe

Apr 16, 2012
Visit site
I have looked through these guides and one of the steps is always put the phone in "download mode" by holding the up volume key while plugging in the micro usb. This does not work no matter how many times I try. So I can never get past this step.

ಠ益ಠ

UJ95x

Retired Ambassador
Aug 26, 2013
Visit site
I have looked through these guides and one of the steps is always put the phone in "download mode" by holding the up volume key while plugging in the micro usb. This does not work no matter how many times I try. So I can never get past this step.

ಠ益ಠ

In TWRP, there is an option to reboot. Click on that and select download mode.

Illustrator Joe

Apr 16, 2012
Visit site

Wow I must be blind. I did not see that. Anyways I have been conversing with the eBay seller. He is totally cool about it. I am sending it back. He will fix and send back. It's not ideal. But I am not in the mood to do it myself. Personally I don't feel like I should have to. He is refunding some of my money as well for the inconvenience.

ಠ益ಠ

UJ95x

Retired Ambassador
Aug 26, 2013
Visit site
Wow I must be blind. I did not see that. Anyways I have been conversing with the eBay seller. He is totally cool about it. I am sending it back. He will fix and send back. It's not ideal. But I am not in the mood to do it myself. Personally I don't feel like I should have to. He is refunding some of my money as well for the inconvenience.

ಠ益ಠ

That's awesome. Usually they do it just to get the money and don't get back to you. Glad you got it worked out :)

Illustrator Joe

Apr 16, 2012
Visit site

So i could not sleep last night so I decided to give it a shot on my own. My version of twrp does not have "download mode under "reboot" but I found a source online that provided me with a code to put into the terminal in twrp and that got me a solid reboot. I was then able to follow the the xda forum you provided and got it back to running 100% stock AT&T. Just got the AT&T OTA and rebooted everything working great. I am stoked and I am sure the ebay seller will be too since he wont have to deal with it. Thanks for the help everyone above.

ab304945

Dec 20, 2010
Visit site
So i could not sleep last night so I decided to give it a shot on my own. My version of twrp does not have "download mode under "reboot" but I found a source online that provided me with a code to put into the terminal in twrp and that got me a solid reboot. I was then able to follow the the xda forum you provided and got it back to running 100% stock AT&T. Just got the AT&T OTA and rebooted everything working great. I am stoked and I am sure the ebay seller will be too since he wont have to deal with it. Thanks for the help everyone above.

Glad you to see you got it working. Good thing you didn't have to send it back :)

Maybe next time that seller will make sure that his phone is back to stock before he sells another phone. Lol

Posted via Android Central App

Illustrator Joe

Apr 16, 2012
Visit site
Glad you to see you got it working. Good thing you didn't have to send it back :)

Maybe next time that seller will make sure that his phone is back to stock before he sells another phone. Lol

Posted via Android Central App

He was very apologetic. He has 100% feedback and only sells phones that he personally had used. He was very upfront and would have corrected the issue. But yes, I doubt he will make that mistake again :). I gave him positive feedback. He did everything in his power to help me make it right. Everybody makes mistakes.

UJ95x

Retired Ambassador
Aug 26, 2013
Visit site

Awesome! Is he still going to refund you some of the money?

Illustrator Joe

Apr 16, 2012
Visit site
Awesome! Is he still going to refund you some of the money?

Ha no... he didn't bring that up again. Which is OK, I kinda got a killer deal on it considering the state of the phone. It really appears as if he never used it. Even the glossy plastic case it came with was untouched.

Last edited:

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pauloxcavalcante