Downloading new Software!?

ronnypoo

Nov 12, 2013
Visit site
Pretty sure it is. I checked XDA and some guy posted a screen shot of his att g2 showing 4.4.2. Sadly I have a VZW g2 so it's going to be a long wait for me.

Edit: found it

http://imgur.com/UJfp2Mx

Tell me how its like :D

usually from a packed subway car

Jimbye

Jan 18, 2014
Visit site
yep,its 4.2.2.after this finished installing,says att has a install,what is this?
More blote ware from att?I didn't continue though...

erwaso

Mar 11, 2011
Visit site
yep,its 4.2.2.after this finished installing,says att has a install,what is this?
More blote ware from att?I didn't continue though...

So it's not 4.2.2? People said there was one update last week to prep for the kitkat update. Maybe that was it.

ronnypoo

Nov 12, 2013
Visit site
If u clicked my image I posted above it says 4.4.2 on the att version. Also it has white icons which is positive that it comes with the update so it is kitkat

usually from a packed subway car

Jimbye

Jan 18, 2014
Visit site
Well,all done with the updates!Version 4.4.2!!!Going thru the apps...
Isis wallet.Voice search.Drive.Famigo.Life square.have to find out the different changes for sure!!!Yahoooo

bbj71370

Feb 22, 2014
Visit site
Did the update around an hour ago.KIT-KAT!! Yahoo. Now to find out all of what has changed. Let's make a list so everyone can take advantage of what's new for our phones.

Charles Ha

Aug 19, 2013
Visit site
hey fellow lg g2 users! congrats on updating to kitkat!. one problem that i have experienced while playing around is that there is no option to disable the lockscreen widgets. before i used this app called "lockscreen policy" but they have stated that this option is now included into android. however, after the new update, the app no longer works and i can no longer find an option to disable it. please help!!

- - - Updated - - -

no knock code, unfortunately

bbj71370

Feb 22, 2014
Visit site
Ok so I did the update and everything seems pretty good nothing to big to report as far as changes,that I can tell. If someone else has any more insight let us know. So after my phone rebooted I went in to turn off carrier Id and it's not defeatable as it once was. Any one have any ideas? Or can you not turn it off anymore? Maybe it's renamed? Any help would be great. Thanks.

MrBungle999

Aug 3, 2013
Visit site
Phone is running great. They moved drop down menu settings button. Knock on noticeably faster and we now have full transparency with nova. And yes no carrier iq that I can see in running apps plus a couple of new things I'm not sure what they are yet in running apps.

Sent from my LG-D800 using AC Forums mobile app

bbj71370

Feb 22, 2014
Visit site
Yeah we'll see about the battery. I'm on my second G2 because of the battery. This one seems better then the first one, but with Kit KAT 4.4.2 ,some people have had worse battery life than with other versions. They are are other phones though...so we shall see. As far as carrier IQ I wonder if they embedded it further in so we can't turn it off! That would suck,but so long as it does not affecting the battery ,oh well! I guess we will have to live with big brother tracking our every move!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kemberley1