KitKat 4.4.2 is in the house!

Sonix

Jul 27, 2009
Visit site
If it hasn't been pushed to your phone, just check for new software and it will pull it. In another terribly named thread a poster say's it's quite large. It is not unless you didn't do the last update. Mine was 13~ MB's!

Knock works better and the phone responds smother/quicker. If anyone notices anything else, please post here?

Last edited:

darko vranic

Feb 8, 2014
Visit site
Re: KitKat 4.2.2 ia in the house!

If it hasn't been pushed to your phone, just check for new software and it will pull it. In another terribly named thread a poster say's it's quite large. It is not unless you didn't do the last update. Mine was 13~ MB's!

Knock works better and the phone responds smother/quicker. If anyone notices anything else, please post here?

Any camera improovents? Better autofocus? 30fps video recording in low light situation?

Thank you

Flank32

Apr 12, 2012
Visit site

I got the 4.4.2. Kit Kat yesterday on my LG G2. They didn't push it my phone I had to go in and check for update.. the actual kit Kat update is 673 MB

Sent from my LG-D800 using AC Forums mobile app

Sonix

Jul 27, 2009
Visit site

I got the 4.4.2. Kit Kat yesterday on my LG G2. They didn't push it my phone I had to go in and check for update.. the actual kit Kat update is 673 MB

At first mine did too, but it corrected itself. The whole d/l 2 boot process took less than 5 minutes for me.

NEDNERBISH

Feb 8, 2012
Visit site

Any camera improovents? Better autofocus? 30fps video recording in low light situation?

Thank you

I just took a few pics. It seemed to autofocus a lot quicker and the pics look great. Idk about video.

Sent from my LG-D800 using Tapatalk

NEDNERBISH

Feb 8, 2012
Visit site

Thank you very much :) how they behave fps in low light conditions?

Just tried video it was set on 30 fps but there was an option for 60fps also. I'm in living room with a dim light on. I pointed it at the light then too the darker areas and it too about 1-2 seconds to fully get super crisp. The phone as a whole seems much snappier. Texting and all.

oldschoolsig

Aug 18, 2013
Visit site

Email is do much smoother. It had been getting klunky lately. Pretty nice little update. Pretty nice.

mandoman28

Dec 3, 2010
Visit site

I got mine this morning! Battery seems even better!

pblakk

Aug 25, 2012
Visit site

Email is do much smoother. It had been getting klunky lately. Pretty nice little update. Pretty nice.

cool. you mean Gmail or the native one?

npaladin-2000

Mar 3, 2010
Visit site
Re: KitKat 4.2.2 is in the house!

Mine was 600+ MB and I DID do the last update.

Knock is definitely a little more reliable. Have to see if the battery is any better. Also have to look out for any ART issues.

Sonix

Jul 27, 2009
Visit site

Mine was 600+ MB and I DID do the last update.

Knock is definitely a little more reliable. Have to see if the battery is any better. Also have to look out for any ART issues.
I'm just now appreciating how well knock off works, before it was rather difficult and now it's easy to make the notification bar light up and put the phone in standby.

mikeeemm

Feb 24, 2014
Visit site

Saw this and updated my phone. What I've noticed is that its smoother, the images on the top like the batter and wifi appear different to me. Only other 2 things I've notice but I haven't used my phone a lot is that the camera is better in dark areas and there is an option about full screen on apps. I've only been on snapchat and clash of clans.

OhAlfie

Sep 30, 2012
Visit site

The one minor annoyance I've found that hasn't resolved itself yet is that the caller ID screen is quite slow to show up via the window of my G2 QuickView case. The case use to activate the caller ID screen the second the phone rang. Now it won't light up until at least 2 rings. I'm hoping this gets fixed soon.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Robbyworkman1995